There’s a countdown on it. It waits a couple of hours (don’t know how many) before sending you the mail.
Or that’s how I remember it.
There’s a countdown on it. It waits a couple of hours (don’t know how many) before sending you the mail.
Or that’s how I remember it.
For about this last week the lack of getting proper email notifications have been fixed. It seems like once I said something about it a developer possibly fixed the bug within my account. Then again, it doesn’t work every single time. Nevertheless, I’m happy because it never used to work.
Have you checked the “Receive email notifications and email digests even if you are active on the forum” box?
Yes. It’s been that way all along.
Email seems to be a bit finicky in the current version of Discourse we’re using. I’m working on rolling out an upgrade.
Seems that if you quote a list, the numbers get all messed up, try quoting my last point here.
<span>5.</span> Last Point
or
<ol start="5">
<li>Last Point</li>
</ol>
Talking about the default, drag and click on quote… Not the ability to produce a duplicate.
Over on meta.discourse.org it’s acknowledged there are are a plethora of issues with quoting.
https://meta.discourse.org/t/quoted-lists-lose-bullets-numbers/20219
Has the forum software been updated, smileys seem different? Leader roles are gone too.
The trust levels have been changed a bit to reflect the fact that simply being a regular member does not confer leadership privileges.
https://meta.discourse.org/t/poll-veteran-vs-leader/19454/22
Maybe this has something to do with it.
Apparently the current selection of smileys are racists. 
This might be the first step toward making ethnic-equal-emojis.
Maybe they are racist, have no idea, never thought about smileys that way. I dread the day when individual letters become racist.
Since the invention of the sue and lawyers, people are getting thinner skinned, more easily offend-able, and just more cranky in general. 
Emojis where “you know what” anyway. Far too trimmed to an Asian Culture. Not that Asian Culture is bad … just that I can’t identify with it. I had much less hassle to find the emotion I wanted to append with the old emoticons from 1999 …
the new posts/unread thread notifications still don’t seem to work properly. i refresh, new stuff is at the top with recent posts within the last hour or so but look like read unupdated threads.
Seems the changes included increasing the/adding a “likes given” threshold of 30 in the last 100 days. I had 28 total, 9 of which were in that period… so you get until Thursday to badmouth me in the lounge 
Personally I’m not a big fan of this change as it seems to encourage a “click to like” culture in what’s supposed to be “the use of words to exchange thoughts and ideas”.
Have you cofigured your preferences in this way?
![]()
It isn’t that much. Especially when the forum will become more popular.
I think there are enough good posts on here where one can just agree with. After all I’ve seen verry little “I agree” posts since we have the “Heart” Button.
I agree…
It enables users to show appreciation without just posting “I like this” or “I agree” posts. I don’t think posts like that would add anything to the discourse - just clutter.#
Where are you getting this from?
That ‘likes given’ is how many you have given to others, not how many you have been given.
Looking at the settings you need to have given 30 likes and have received 20.
I agree with @Runiat: I do not believe that a random limit of likes sent or received are a valid measurement for the activeness of a user. In a way this encourages spamming likes and posting things that you know will be liked by many people, regardless of if they are worthy of a discussion.
I fear that the handling of likes will make Discourse more like reddit ( / facebook / etc ) instead of a true forum for discussion. After all a discussion can only happen if disagreeing opinions clash, and how is that supposed to happen if everyone plays it safe?