Kickstarter Milestone and Excited Keyboard Bashing Thread (111% FUNDED)

And again someone withdrew about 500$. Right now, the main movement is from few backers that place/withdraw high pledges. We really need a new publicity peak to get fresh numbers and a more steady and stable rise. The backer numbers per day have been low the last days.

EDIT: And as i write this another massive jump upwards past 251,000 $ ! My poor nerves…!

6 Likes

Soon 254k. Has the end surge began?

@MrEon

Seems someone is indeed trolling with higher tier pledges.
Withdrawal of 500 and jump of 5k in 20 minutes.
I bet tommorow we will see a -5000start of day.

I am still confident it will succeed but someone is making fun of it for sure. My first KS I support but I guess evey project has it’s *****

Edit:
Seems a 2500 pledger just posted in ks page.
Woow what a day

the chinese donations might have been the multiple ones managed by the taobao agent (mentioned in the “Chinese front” forum) and has been redirected all at once to the campaign by freeman and sida…it would be a logical reason for the large sums. EDIT if you read the ks comments, it seems it was them making personal pledges (it’s vague)…still, it seems like there should be some money raised via taobao that the campaign will be getting at some point

1 Like

The exceedingly slow rate of new donations has me worried, I thought for sure it would have reached its minimum goal by now and I thought that with such incredible technology even in the prototype phase many would be able to see the difference between this game and pretty much any other I could think of. Yet we’re nearly down to a week and still have about 46K to go. Internet slobs who’ll probably not read this and who waste loads of money on so many pointless or pathetic KickStarter projects, can’t you wake up and see that this is far more worth it than anything else on KickStarter right now?!

1 Like

I think too many people still see this as: ooh no, not another space pew pew.

Secondly, I believe alot of players never even heard of it.

Eg.
Doom 3 and painkiller were released about the same time.
Doom had mega hype, painkiller was that silent game, having superior gameplay and fun factor.

Painkiller was one of those accidental finds: wooow this game is awesome, why haven’t I heard of this?

I see similar path in IBS

People have become quite cynical about video games on Kickstarter. Too many of them have gone over their projected shipping date, or have been scaled back due to cost overruns. Remember, Kickstarter is really for projects that are “shovel ready”, and that’s never going to be a video game. And couple that with the video game culture of pre-orders and Kickstarter is almost abusive toward gamers (or rather gamers have completely ignored the purpose of Kickstarter, and have simply (and wrongly) projected a giant GameStop logo onto it. There’s a bit of a market correction taking place as a result.

Couple that with the fact that there are other, highly publicized games in the space genre coming soon, and the audience is a little burnt out right now.

This is almost expected. Getting frustrated with people who would never be interested just because they dropped $200 on a board game or screwdriver bit you don’t care about doesn’t help anyone.

The game’s in a really good place right now. Less than $50,000 to go before having a successful Kickstarter. That will bring more press and interest after the Kickstarter is over, which will bring more funding. I have no doubt we’ll hit some Stretch goals after the KS, and I fully believe the devs will deliver on them (even if the timeline for them changes).

So just chill. Have a beer, or a tea or something. Get ready to party, but don’t start until the 21st. And until then? Push the Kickstarter on everyone you can think of!

6 Likes

Yes, and of course it’s expected but I mistakenly assumed that this was the one game that would achieve huge funds even with all the unreliable developers who’ve used KickStarter and of course the big well known companies and their vast publicity. I thought that the pure epicness of this game would blow everyone away, but had the kickstarter been done at a different time, maybe the odds for high stretch goals (during the KS) and lots of extra funds would have been better.

I’ll be happy with the game even if it just barely reaches its minimum goal, how could I not be? I’ve been watching this for nearly 6 years now, and all that they’ve released in that time has not only convinced me of the greatness of I:BS, but had also convinced me that it would persuade everyone else as well. I’m not frustrated though, well at least not yet. But if I find anyone who says they’d rather donate to a board game then, let’s just say no one will hear from them again. :wink:

Maybe it would have gotten more cash in an earlier time, but it also would have contributed to that cynacism and burnout because the tech wasn’t ready yet. Instead of an 18 month production cycle, it would have been 4 or 5 years, and INS would have burned up a good chunk of good will.

They’re in a really good position right now. If they can get through the KS they’ll have a good opportunity to get more pledges off of the post KS interest rush, and if they can ship Battlescape out in 2017, they’ll earn a ton of good will. That’s good will that will support a mod store. That will support DLC. That will support Battlescape 2 or TQFE. Hell, it just might support engine licensing or investors!

So threatening other fandoms is a waste of time and energy.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a threat, it was a promise…

Actually I was only joking.

I come back after five hours and the Kickstarter is up by $10,000 :smiley:

Maybe it’s the power of the beard! It’s grown so massive it’s attracting investors!
…
Get it? Mass and gravity and attraction?
Yeah, that joke was terrible, I’ll leave now.

3 Likes

Goes to wash the dishes, gets back. Well that’s another $500.

Honestly though, is it the final stretch boost or have Inovae gotten an article from some big site?

//or is it the chinese!

////bah, stupid me. The new ship will obviously make some people increase their pledge.

Check out the update section.

2 Likes

that new space ship + Chinese community pledges = great day for the KS

1 Like
Day | Increase | Total    |  Date Time of data   |  Required/24hrs | Backers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1  | $82,570  | $82,570  | Thu, 22 Oct 12:03:06 | $7,497
 2  | $15,706  | $98,276  | Fri, 23 Oct 12:02:22 | $7,204  -$293
 3  | $8,266   | $106,542 | Sat, 24 Oct 12:09:42 | $7,165  -$39
 4  | $6,293   | $112,835 | Sun, 25 Oct 12:11:23 | $7,199  +$34
 5  | $28,419  | $141,546 | Mon, 26 Oct 12:01:42 | $6,338  -$860
 6  | $5,051   | $146,597 | Tue, 27 Oct 12:13:45 | $6,392  +$54
 7  | $5,268   | $151,865 | Wed, 28 Oct 12:00:02 | $6,441  +$49
 8  | $3,650   | $155,515 | Thu, 29 Oct 12:06:57 | $6,568  +$127
 9  | $2,771   | $158,286 | Fri, 30 Oct 11:55:58 | $6,748  +$181
 10 | $9,232   | $167,518 | Sat, 31 Oct 12:00:35 | $6,624  -$124
 11 | $8,935   | $176,453 | Sun, 01 Nov 12:02:48 | $6,502  -$122
 12 | $5,318   | $181,771 | Mon, 02 Nov 12:08:09 | $6,568  +$66
 13 | $3,806   | $185,577 | Tue, 03 Nov 12:12:57 | $6,730  +$162
 14 | $2,753   | $188,330 | Wed, 04 Nov 11:58:16 | $6,979  +$249
 15 | $17,720  | $206,050 | Thu, 05 Nov 12:03:30 | $6,263  -$716
 16 | $13,847  | $219,897 | Fri, 06 Nov 12:03:25 | $5,730  -$533
 17 | $6,447   | $226,344 | Sat, 07 Nov 12:04:54 | $5,665  -$65
 18 | $5,290   | $231,634 | Sun, 08 Nov 12:07:45 | $5,697  +$32
 19 | $6,102   | $237,736 | Mon, 09 Nov 12:01:58 | $5,660  -$37
 20 | $3,860   | $241,596 | Tue, 10 Nov 12:15:55 | $5,840  +$180   | 4,280
 21 | $2,977   | $244,573 | Wed, 11 Nov 12:13:06 | $6,187  +$347   | 4,335 +55

 22 | $12,181  | $256,754 | Thu, 12 Nov 12:13:00 | $5,405  -$782   | 4,410 +75
2 Likes

The 6th best day. Not bad.

Most of that from big pledges though, and they can be highly volatile.

1 Like

So this is the first time this things has ever said 100 % It usually stops at 99% so I guess we’re going to Vegas!
sidekick thingy