every one loves saying this game is like planetside. i really dont see why. this game is very much like a larger longer moba. planetside 2 isnt semi persistent, have any kind of scaling with time system, doesnt have much for resources, or any npcs to kill. this game has as much to do with planetside as it does call of duty.
That is patently false. Anyone who’s been around the genre for a decade or more can be lumped into 2 categories: Those who like D**** S**** and his games, and those who live in fear of people who like D**** S**** and his games.
There is no middle ground.
Eh. I don’t think that’s entirely the case. I found BCM to be an interesting, if heavily flawed, experiment. It has it’s merits.
Unfortunately, DS makes a habit of pissing all over that by making enemies out of everyone even when he has potentially valid points to make.
Ugh please no…
He’s nothing but trouble. Please don’t throw fuel on that fire.
@NavyFish
We’re lucky he picked RG first, as he says in the video that he was just off the plane and recording before going to work.
Hutchins in that video’s comments tells Scott that the next IB demo has more content and that they’d try to get it to him… Fingers crossed 
Sounds exactly like when I was searching for a job last year…
Who is Derek Smart and why is he so controversial?
Perhaps I’m just old school, but how about calling them on the phone? Surely the big sites have a phone number you can call.
I spent about 10 minutes sleuthing a number for PC Gamer. They’re owned by Future US, Inc., which has offices in New York and San Francisco. The New York office number is (212) 768-2966. They also have a number of other computer entertainment properties.
That’s a great call (ba-dum - ching!). Honestly though, yeah. What’s the worst that could happen? An intern picks up and does nothing with the call?
Then I’m even more excited to see that video! GIMME MOAR! I really hope @INovaeGene has the reddit AMA ready to go by that point - timing it with the Scott Manley video would be a clutch maneuver.
We have 3 weeks+ left. I do wonder how much/little the Inovae team has left [to showcase]. Man, it’s gotta be pretty tense from their position at this point. 
Ars Technica is not on that list. Will you guys contact them? I would instinctively suggest contacting them ~1 week-10 days before the end so that they have enough time to test/write a review on the latest possible build of the KS demo.
2 Quick thoughts here:
1: Being drawn into the shitslinging between D.S. and Star Citicen would be fatal for us, we are way too small and in such a critical phase we can not afford to waste any energy, momentum, goodwill or backers on stuff like that. Only safe approach: FULL IGNORE MODE. Do not comment on it, do not appear to take sides. Ignore it and be safe. That way, we can take endorsements from either side without too much negativity attached.
2: Big media outlets follow their own rules. What is completely uninteresting now can become the new hype tomorrow. Very hard to tell from the outside. The only safe way to get articles is by giving them money for advertizement - not gonna happen. Speculation: If we hit the minimum goal with sufficient time left in the campaign for them to react, a few articles about the successful funding might appear and help us with stretch goals. The sooner we hit minimum funding, the better the chance for that to happen. Successful kickstarter is more newsworthy than a new one starting.
Unfortunatly the professional gaming press is pretty much a promotion engine for large publishers. When was the last time anybody ever saw an article about an indie game without a publisher on ign? I can’t remember that ever happening. The only time ign even posted about indie games was when sony advertised their “indie” community.
PLEASE let’s get some hype on Youtube etc. Someone like TotalBiscuit surely would help? I had an account on Infinity Quest for Earths website so many years ago IDK what it even is I’m pretty much ripping my dick off hoping this thing gets made. COME ON LADS LET’S GET TO IT! The devs are great but maybe not the best communicators, hence the need to get as many other voices in on the act as possible.
lol, welcome to the forums!
RPS did a paper on Infinity at last. I sent them some emails to check it out, maybe some of you also did that and that’s what got their attention. Either way, one of the big(ger) sites has finally actually bothered to take a look at infinity at least 
Finally. I’ve just sent them an e-mail today and then this.
That is one insulting article though… I really hate the way it’s written.
No need to. Though I might need help with comments, one of them was:
Those are either some incredibly huge mountains, or that’s an incredibly small planet.
Not sure how to respond since I don’t know the scale of the planet in this video.
I’m guessing the lack of clouds also tricks the eye into thinking they are too tall, personally I have no real problems with their height. (maybe someone else than me could write as well, I might look too fanboy’y if I’m the only one answering a bunch of stuff there).
Ye, they are taking the vaporware title as far as they can 
Send him a video of tars flying around.
isnt he just like a failed video game maker who is salty about star citizen? i hear his games suck so i dont particularly like him or his games and i dont live in fear of people who like him and his games. unless those people wanna hurt me or my family, why would people be scared of them? i think there’s a pretty massive middle ground. i have pledged like 150$ to star citizen and im not disregarding infinity. you assume to much and take everything to extremes.