Ideas for the Kickstarter

Obviously it’s frustrating that the bigger news sites aren’t taking any real notice, but they can probably get several dozens to hundreds of mails each day containing people who want them to take a look at their awesome new game that will change everything, and when that happens it’s those who knows people in the industry who gets noticed (most likely).

It’s at these times that I wish that I was a very social man who likes to go out and meet random people and get a lot of contacts, instead of being an introverted programmer who loves stay at home and watch another episode of babylon 5.

He replied… I don’t know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing

3 Likes

DS is a very interesting man, he has a beef with SC right now and everyone out there thinks he’s EVIL, but since I am not at all invested in SC stuff I find him rather decent as a person, he is in fact very approachable.

Wonder If he’ll back the game? He has plenty of money ya know.

1 Like

I think it will get lost in time.

Apparently Scott Manley is back, hopefully his next video is on infinity!

2 Likes

I suggest we post it on r/gaming after it’s up, that might get some extra attention to it.

Make sure to “elongate space boners” …

2 Likes

This cannot be good publicity. If people start thinking the I-Novae devs are friendly with Derek Smart, they’ll be gone.

2 Likes

Flavien,

I know NOT banging the VR drum harder, is something you guys did on purpose. A deliberate calculation on your part. But I really think it may have been a mistake at this point in time, since the VR collective is about to literally explode in few months. And ALOT of big press keep very good track of this.

VR, is THE hot thing right now and for cockpit-based sims/shooters/mmo´s its really a must. And I know you are very aware of this. But it need to be a planned official part of your gamedesign (and KS) from the start. Starting now. You miss out on so many backers just because of this.

The VR crowd is a backerpiñata ready to happen. Its not too late to bring them in. Make a barebone oculus demo build available and reach out to the VR press/streamers with it.

Reach out to the VR community (there are multiple streamers, subreddits and testers out there) and press (roadtovr.com, vrfocus.com, uploadvr.com etc).

You say you already have basic support in the engine, and just need a simple but basic VR UI built.
Forget the must for a “perfect” VR UI, E:D style. You just need something simple in-cockpit with the basics to start with.

A more complete, but still basic UI, must be possible for a release that is 24 months out? Even with limited resources?

Customer GPU/VR Performance will solve it self over the coming 2 years for sure, no doubt.

Bang that VR drum!

2 Likes

He also likes Elite and publicly states that all the time, Elite is still successful…

2 Likes

Elite was successful before Derek Smart started making lots of noise.

I have no problem with him voicing his approval of Infinity Battlescape, but him implying that he is friends with the I-Novae devs is going to turn off a lot of SC fans.

Have you guys tried to ask any of the streamers/journalists that were “very impressed” to contact some of these big news sites and recommend press on the game? Maybe using their tweeter accounts or something.

1 Like

Well apparently you’re not allowed to post kickstarter links on some forums if you have < 10 posts. I didn’t think about it lol.

You have acheived ‘fastest IGN forum ban’ - 2 minutes.

3 Likes

What exactly is wrong with him? OMG oh noes he bashed star citizen BEST GAME EVAR will totally deliver best kickstarter ever

Are you suggesting I’m a Star Citizen fan? I’m not.

Until his SC furore I hadn’t heard of him and I don’t really hold any ambivalence toward him, but I know that a lot of people do and those are people that we don’t want to be put off from backing Battlescape.

2 Likes

Just saying that only the hardcore SC fanboys will disregard infinity because DS endorsed it.

1 Like

He’s pissed off a lot more people than just hardcore SC fans.

But meh. I agree in the long run it’s not going to have any real effect on the campaign.

every one loves saying this game is like planetside. i really dont see why. this game is very much like a larger longer moba. planetside 2 isnt semi persistent, have any kind of scaling with time system, doesnt have much for resources, or any npcs to kill. this game has as much to do with planetside as it does call of duty.

That is patently false. Anyone who’s been around the genre for a decade or more can be lumped into 2 categories: Those who like D**** S**** and his games, and those who live in fear of people who like D**** S**** and his games.

There is no middle ground.

3 Likes

Eh. I don’t think that’s entirely the case. I found BCM to be an interesting, if heavily flawed, experiment. It has it’s merits.

Unfortunately, DS makes a habit of pissing all over that by making enemies out of everyone even when he has potentially valid points to make.