Ideas for the Kickstarter

Give me a break she has a public email that is to be used for crits by the readers. That article was a badly made article and it is your duty as a reader to point that out if you see it. Battlescape deserves and actual article not a zero effort smear of a piece that does us not good.

1 Like

No, sorry, it is not. We are not here to win internet fights, we are here to win Backers for the Kickstarter. If you feel like you have to do it, i can not stop you. But for the sake of this campaign, i find it vital that we make every efford to keep up a positive atmosphere, especially when we are exposed to outside watchers that know nothing about us. Therefore, i humbly suggest NOT telling people that do bad reviews that we feel they do bad reviews. There is no benefit for us in such action.

1 Like

Your irony alarm should be going off right now.

4 Likes

It is. Sorta. :wink:

You can pussyfoot around but I don’t ignore failure in a medium where the reader feedback is really important.
I can’t fathom as to why I should shut up about someone clearly doing a bad job when they can do a perfectly good one instead.

@TheCoach @Wargrim I think both of you bring up valid points - if it were any other time, I would call the author out on their shenanigans, but we also run the risk of giving people the impression that we’re just being whiny because we didn’t get a fair review. Keep in mind that 1) the devs specifically ask for critical review, and 2) we need all the kickstarting we can get right now.

I’m not disagreeing by any means, just…I would correct them on their use of the term ā€œvaporwareā€ and leave it at that.

2 Likes

One thing to think about, you can bet that RPS check their stats on which articles get the most comments as it’s a good sign of engagement for them which advertisers love. So feel free to comment on that article, but don’t be aggressive, that never helps.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity. If this article gets any new backers, it was worth it, even if the article itself seems to omit some things like the recorded gameplay of the demo, multiple interviews etc. It also increases visibility of the title, so other news sites journalists are more likely to learn of it.

Also @Topperfalkon & @The_Sane keep up the good work with answering the comments.

1 Like

Hey guys, I think Chris Roberts will be backing and give ya’ll a bit of exposure:

Also I emailed my guy from Polygon. He responded back earlier and said he will try and take a look at it.

27 Likes

Good job well done.

That’s one defense when realizing you sound dumb. Pretend like you weren’t serious and link ā€œcomedic devicesā€ to a sarcastic statement.
I used to start fights online with people and delete my messages making it look like they were having a fight with themselves, but that was back when I was a teenager. At least what I was doing was funny.

Oh yes, this could net LOADS of people, believe what you may about SC community but one thing is certain they listen to mr. Roberts

3 Likes

and they have deep pockets :smile:

2 Likes

When I think I’ve come off as dumb, I own up to it. Trust me. I would give you a pass on not knowing who I am, but you’re being an asshole, so kindly go to hell.

[quote=ā€œriedstep, post:215, topic:1159, full:trueā€]At least what I was doing was funny.
[/quote]

The fact that you believe that says a lot.

5 Likes

@riedstep @Wargrim @Kichae @TheCoach we’re all very passionate about the success of this Kickstarter campaign, but let’s try and reduce the ad-hominem arguments. You have different perspectives, and that’s fine. You don’t have to convince each other and you certainly don’t need to convince us. This community is very respectful and tight, let’s keep it that way. Thanks guys, for all of your efforts so far. As Flavien himself said, the success of this campaign is riding on the backs of the community.

8 Likes

I made none. I called someone an asshole. That’s not an argument, so it’s not an ad-hom. It was also exceptionally polite of me, given the circumstances.

6 Likes

Regarding the RPS article, it’s great to receive the exposure, and I’ve reached out to the journalist with an invite to the gameplay prototype. Regardless of the articles tone, it will get new people in front of our content and that’s what we need right now more than anything.

We’ve been trying to get on RPS from the start, and this is a great step :slight_smile:

I tend towards optimism though, if you can’t tell yet :wink:

14 Likes

guys even bad publicity is still a publicity :smile:
They shown the vids and that all that matters.
There are people that can make their own minds.

2 Likes

This is YOOJ!

4 Likes

Make Battlescape Great Again!

3 Likes