I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

it always slaps you in the face how pretty it really is.

3 Likes

It’s nice someone has shots for us to look at.

3 Likes

5th picture, is that cloud and ocean?

1 Like

If I understand correctly, the prototype is editable such that clouds and water can be enabled, the devs just didn’t feel they were good enough to show off during the Kickstarter campaign.

1 Like

What AusQB said:

1 Like

Liking development so far can’t wait for developer publish date for game developers…want to make a game with you guys engine so badly

2 Likes

My first screenshot (now I have my new PC to actually run the prototype on)!

19 Likes

Sunset on Sarake (with experimental placeholder clouds and oceans enabled)

Also, mountains on Aresthia (plus one of the new stations top-left!)

12 Likes

8 Likes

It’s easy to lose a sense os scale when these stations are so large…moving along them at 300m/s still takes a solid half minute to get across certain sections…

Just rotating on approach to another new station. Beautiful green sunrise(set?)!




Edit: Fixed

13 Likes

Looks nice!

BTW, converting it to jpg will make the forum like the picture better, and avoid the “Uploading…”.

“uploading” takes half a second at most and PNG means no artifacting and high intensity colours don’t get washed out to crap. Post PNG’s if you can please.

It’s not the time to upload, it’s the forum. For whatever reason, it doesn’t like uploading png as much as jpg.

See:

(very bottom of post)

I’ve noticed this as well, mostly when uploading batches of pngs, where it would say uploading, and that the progress was 100%, but wouldn’t display the image. But when I convert to jpg, that wouldn’t happen.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s definitely an image missing…I’ll have to reupload now. Its the best one too! The sunset and the ringed planet in the same ahot…i was rotating while taking that series. I’ll remember that tip for the future though!

2 Likes

What I do is upload them to imgur. And then link them here. So people who wants to get the original can.
The forum also compresses large images. No matter what.

You know those glowing buttons on the Interceptor? Well, looks like they glow a lot. See that glow around the cockpit?


And the interceptor is powered down here. I just hope the battery won’t be empty when I come back form the grocery store…

13 Likes

wow…mindblowing!
why there are no more backers, i dont understand!
Game will rock, anybody wanna make a bet?
All you ppl ; send those pics to all gaming sites and youtubers, spred the word hehe

4 Likes

I’m with you on all accounts. Your enthusiasm rocks! This company has a very solid fan base, many of which are loyal as all can be. Why they aren’t millionaires is anyone’s guess. The work ethic over here at I-Novae Studios is real! Their strive to avoid disappointment is impressive and is something that shouldn’t be overlooked, but rather appreciated by all regardless of aspect.

6 Likes

I’m well aware that they are small team with limited resources so i don’t think all things will be implemented from start, and lot of things will be missing but once game hits beta and steam, funds will come so further dlc’s and development will continue. Let’s be honest i play Elite and i’m also backer for SC but all 3 games are different and one is few years from release so Infinity will offer something different what these games dont have yet.
Just look that screenshots, enough for me since i play mostly flying sims and all i’m looking for is atmosphere enty feature and those beautiful sights, yeah i’m gameplay mehanics freak and that’s why such optimism from me, beside i watched prototype vids and it’s miracle expecially from such small team.
I talk too much, sorry!

1 Like

They’re not 4k but it’s something at least

14 Likes