I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

What I wanted to do was use annotations to make the url at the end clickable, but Youtube only gives a handful of options on what can be linked. Turns out you can’t just use any old url. However, “crowd funding campaign” was an option, so once the KS starts I assume I will be able to have a clickable link to the KS page right in the videos.

Edit: hmm, looks like I might be able to use a title annotation to get the results I want. I’ll look into it.
Edit2: Ok, I added an annotation, it looks crude but I guess it works…

7 Likes

Seems I’m a bit late to the party, but that video damn near brought a tear to my eye! For those of us who have been around for many years, there’s always that nagging uncertainty of how much has actually been achieved.

As it turns out, quite a lot!

Much applause from me. The glowy-ness (technical term) of the lava on the (moon?) is suitably amazing, and the moment the gas giant came into shot… well, I don’t often use pictures but:

5 Likes

While you can not change the video later on Youtube, you CAN change the preview screen that is shown. You might want to consider using a nice screenshot from the video with the Kickstarter launch date on it, and replace that with the same shot without the kickstarter launch date after the campaign. You could also have a version with the kickstarter end date on it during the campaign, so people can jump on board in time.

You can put overlays (with links) over existing videos, iirc

EDIT: Apparently you guys already figured that one out :smile:

oldest shot i could find

6 Likes

As a request, please keep those centre and vector reticles as an option if possible. It looks just right!

Wow!

Of course, all my enthusiasm is tempered by a slight sadness that my laptop may not possess enough demonic power (or “oomph”) to actually run the damn game. That screenshot, it could probably manage!

Intel HD 4400… whaddyathink eh? :wink: Might need some optimisations first - or for me to just get my hands on a proper 'puter!

A couple screenshots showing off the “Battlescape Prototype” version of our current volcanic planet.

The same planet featured in the video we released the other day! From a couple different vantage points.

13 Likes

Awesome shots, @Hutchings.

I was wondering, is there going to be a way to move the ‘camera’ around the ship, like in E:D or X3?

It’s look so real ! Awesomes pictures, thanks @Hutchings.

Yes, eventually.

3 Likes

The movable camera is going to be a big boon if you plan to have custom skins etc. People sometimes get them just so they can look at their bling, not to show it off to others. :wink:

Fantastic, can’t wait for the campaign! Prepares a pile of money to throw at screen

Sweet video, love seeing more of the game but I can’t wait to hear more about YOU guys (the devs) and especially the man behind the engine itself. Best of luck with the campaign and godspeed.

3 Likes

Ok thats it
spit it out.
Thats is photo not some game you really have the ship.

1 Like

Awesome! I still remember the time rivers were “impossible” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t get over how awesome looking that first one is.

I do have a question though, what is the thing on the lower corners? It seems like it was taken through a window or something.

6 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm, you’re onto something.

7 Likes

I can’t see what you’re talking about?

1 Like

This, my friends, is what is called a teaser. :wink:

Edit: Two dev non-responses under a minute? Yeah, something is up. :smiley:

6 Likes

Considering their angular formation on both sides, it was probably taken from inside the Helion’s cockpit, looking slightly up.

From that we can confirm headlook, unless they cropped the image.