In regards to video encoding - have you tried doing it with Vimeo? Is it better? How about a torrent with the huge uncompressed file? :3
No obstacles to maximum coolness 
Dan has taken some stunningly beautiful screen shots with the I-Novae Engine and without further adieu I’ll pass the podium to him
@INovaeKeith, please can you fix this? It’ll take 60 seconds?
Wow that’s really bothering you 
And IMO, it should be changed to, “without further delay”.
In today’s news, in a weird twist of fate the Definition Commies have allied with the Grammar Nazis. The internet doesn’t stand a chance.
Well I think it just gives a poor impression, and the longer it’s there the more people will see it.
Personally I’ll blame Proteus (my cat…) I know he wasn’t near Keith at the time, but he has his ways…
It’s about that time of the week again. 
Maybe an eclipse… 
It’s a holiday weekend, but we’ll see what we can come up with…
Dang it, that’s right! 
These holidays are always getting away from me.
I had a better than perfect attendance record a couple semesters ago - I showed up on veteran’s day and the only snow day of the year.
Anyways, don’t worry! Take a week off! We won’t complain (that much)! 
Well, we will complain, but don’t let it bother you, you deserve some holiday 
I would be upset if you didn’t, building these weekly expectations only to be met with disappointment would be tragic… we cannot do such things.
“Gaia and Companion”
One of my favorites, perhaps because it feels a bit like home.
![]()
“System”
This solar system was placed far outside of it’s parent galaxy, so there are very few if any stars in the background, but it was still taken in the engine.
![]()
Wow, beautiful, what resolution do you render those on @Hutchings?
On the planet’s dark side, we can see its outline with the atmosphere being faintly visible. I’ve never noticed such a thing from space photos, but that could be because of contrast. Is that a well-known phenomenon, like previously for the rings?
Anyway, it looks pretty great.
Thanks for the awesome shots!
Jaw-droppingly-gorgeous.
I’d like to be producing them at 4k resolution, but probably won’t see that happen for a while yet, (don’t have a 4K monitor at home currently) For now it’s 1920x1200, unless I start exporting at 4k directly from the engine… hmmm, going to have to try that. People have been asking for 4k lately.
You can export 4k from the engine… it might make your computer cry tears of blood though ;).
Those screenshots weren’t all of the goodies for this week…