Hello! We are a guild for and by explorers. We remain largely unaffiliated with any and all organizations – that means we are completely neutral, until someone attacks us, in which case we'll defend ourselves. Our neutrality extends towards all parties, including pirates and mercenary bands.
- We're a guild because we specifically want to avoid the traditional corporate structure. We're comrades associating with each other to further the trade of exploration with a dedicated core as foundation.
- Structure hasn't been decided yet, but we'll probably have some elected central council. More might arise depending on how the game will work.
- We'll have some central main outpost somewhere as the main embassy to the other players.
There are two tiers for members. Please note that the exact differences are due to change as time passes.
- Associate Member: For those who only want to dabble with us. You're free to heed to any other organization, but when you are on a Guild mission, you'll play along as if you were a full member.
- Full Member: For those who want to be part of the core group. This means that the Guild is your sole affiliation. You'll have deeper access to our maps and a higher level of trust for missions that require discretion. You can also be entrusted with and call upon Guild assets.
To apply simply post in this thread, for now recruiting is fully open!
What We Do
Mainly we form a group that creates and distributes (as in: sells) maps of the universe. For the most part, we independently just map what we come across. However, we also offer to map something for someone, as long as our neutrality is not endangered by the mission. We'll sell resource locations to miners, locations of uninhabited planets to people seeking to colonize, destinations for lucrative trade runs, etc.
However, for the most part we are free individuals – if a member doesn't want to partake in a mission, she / he is free to ignore it and continue on their trek.