Date of the kickstarter?

And this 3-4 minute video, It will be rotating models again?

What do you mean rotating models again?

Like your hellion vid.

No it will be a video of improvements made to the planetary engine - specifically our new planetary ring rendering.

“Planetary engine”
he he he he
he…
Like for the last six years?

Bleh, deadlines are crap anyway.

Take your time guys, though something sometime eventually would be nice now that you’ve teased that you’re doing this video and the Kickstarter :stuck_out_tongue:

Though if you do want to give us some kind of milestone to look at, lists of outstanding tasks and expected effort to complete probably work better than a concrete date. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, when a kickstarter comes out, they should make a grand feature list of pretty much everything they want to achieve with battlescape, kind of like this: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html (lol what is this “body is too similar to what you recently posted” message that comes up? I tried to correct the link and it just popped up lol)

LOL. I don’t think you needed to say that last line. Waiting is fun, you get to see the bitching from some people come out…

Take the date something is said to come out then add 1/2 the time to the original forecast and that will be the date of the next apology for it not cumming out on time. I’m used to it. :wink:

Yup. 2013 kickstarter dates? nope. Mid march kickstarter? nope. May kickstarter? nope. Short video coming out soon? hopefully yes, as well as the kickstarter. Of course, The release doesn’t need to be rushed, I just want updates. They aren’t really scarce, but I figure I should isolate myself from anything to do with infinity for a few months and be blown away.

Meh, I don’t personally feel very strongly about deadlines for I-novae considering how long I’ve waited already. Other people might and apparently do. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to point out where they’ve slipped up in a critically constructive way in order to hold them to a higher standard and to remind them people are paying attention. Moreso, people may be paying attention or checking in silently- the vast majority who don’t post. We can’t get a gauge on all of them so it’s good to get any sort of pulse you can on whoever you can see.

The important thing is that stuff does eventually get released :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Pics/video or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wait, is this a subtle hint? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe now it is time to reveal an re-re-re-estimated date for the launch of the kickstarter-campaign? Wasn’t it sheduled for some time in summer 2014? If I know a more specific time-frame I can prepare and safe money that I can hopefully and finally throw at the screen and I have something to look forward to :wink:

Well, @INovaeKeith said this in the “A quick update as I head to GDC” thread

I think it’s easily understandable, that the date is pushed. What I really hate, is that we are in this deadmanperiod for quite a while now.
Inovae simply wants to provide only 5kb per day. So we can be happy to get a new screenshot every 3rd month…

That probably means December/January. Christmas holiday maybe.

The issue is that we’re keeping everything that has to do with the KS video under wraps until we’re close to releasing it. Unfortunately nearly everything that we’re working on at the moment has to do with the KS video :unamused:. We’re doing this because we’re going to have to do a media push along with providing a month’s worth of updates during the KS. Given our limited resources if we release half our content before we get to the KS that could be a big problem.

4 Likes

Agreed, the only way for the Kickstarter to get enough traction is to have a concentrated push of PR going.

There are far too many space games “similar” to Infinity on the horizon, so simply setting up a Kickstarter page and providing some basic updates is not enough any more. The game needs to be well presented with new content coming in regularly so that you keep generating interest.

I like the approach you are taking and I think it’s the best way to get to the game we have all been waiting for. And I will definitely back the project (a first for me), even though it’ll “only” be for Battlescape.

3 Likes