I think we’ve split enough hairs here to fit on Dan’s kickstarter beard 
Guys guys. There is no need to argue about it. Lets be thankful that CR wrote that post and move on.
@cakensworth It ain’t over 'til it’s over! (read: It won’t be funded until it’s funded - until we reach that $300,000) Everything up to that point is entirely speculation.
@Magellanic
Absolutely! I am personally optimistic that I:BS will meet their funding goal though! And once they’ve had time to improve the product with these funds - it will look even more impressive and generate even more funds over the course of its development! 
Can you please refer to it as I:B instead of I:BS. We don’t really want it associated with IBS.
Irritable bowel syndrome?
I call it IBS for that reason…
I:B - Thread title revised…
walks away muttering to himself… I knew this would happen…
Our CR bump seems to be much lower than Everspace one, they got around $100k after CR mention…
Also they got Markiplier to tweet about it. He has 1.46 million followers.
Ya, I:B (I never really thought of I:BS as irritable bowel syndrome, but whatever) would greatly benefit by some internet celebrity mentioning or playing it, but that seems like it might be difficult to accomplish. I imagine those people receive countless requests to feature their product, many of those requests may even offer money or other incentives to sweeten the deal. Can’t hurt to try though!
I would have never guessed that all people with over 500k subs would ignore us. Do they think they’re some big shots or something?
At least it’s not E:D, which unfortunately can’t get their game mechanics up to par.
The worst thing I:BS could reflect is some bugginess.
edit: hrobertson saying my jokes arent funny makes me sad. but yeah it was both a joke and other, ED has shallow mechanics, it’s the main weakness of that game. Wheras atmosphere and ui is it’s strength.
Not sure if this is an erectile dysfunction joke.
What do you consider to be par in the context of spaceship game mechanics?
Really? If this is the level of maturity that this community has grown into, my readership levels are going to be nil! Everyone is just going to ask me “Was that a dick joke? I can’t tell. Let’s contemplate this over some wine and smoked salmon”.
I don’t think ‘big shot’ is the right word, but if you have a successful business - it might not be logical to switch up the methodology if you don’t think your fan base would be interested. For instance with Pewdiepie, even if he did feature I:B for some reason, his audience primarily consists of children - they would have no ability to donate anything significant to this project beyond time. But ya, some of these guys are making tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions per month streaming - I’m sure they have a very full plate of video projects they are working to complete at any given time.
I’m sure there are definitely some Youtube or Twitch streamers that would be very interested to stream I:B though! Someone mentioned hosting a dogfight for streamers versus devs, I thought that was a really good idea and I really hope someone is working to set that up!
That won’t be the case because if you make a dick joke it will be amusing whereas Mattk50’s post isn’t. It seems more like an actual criticism of Elite (albeit totally subjective and without context), something this forum should have little time for when trying to gain support from existing Elite fans.
I’d rather just enjoy the wine and smoked salmon. (Which is actually what I’m doing as I write this (although I’m having smoked trout))
I read somewhere, have no idea where (Forbes or CNN probably), that there is a growing culture with famous youtubers of expecting payment to be mentioned or featured in their videos. For the more popular guys, a payment of a few tens of thousands of dollars is considered a fair amount. The strange thing is that is not considered alarming, but the fact that they don’t mention that they have been paid for promoting payed for features is the main concern.
Yes, it’s a business and they expect to be payed.
I’m pretty sure they are legally obligated to say it in the video/commentary, though many may abuse the still blurred legal status (and counting on the fact that it wouldn’t be revealed).
Could be wrong, though. Anyone with a legal background could tell us?