Chris Roberts Just Ensured I:B Gets Funded

I also hit up some dudes I know at https://www.themittani.com/ , they will probably be contacting you folks at some point to do a piece on your game, hopefully they got somebody on it already, if not, they will soon!

2 Likes

@mattk50
Why did you change the topic name from ‘Chris Roberts Just Ensured I:BS Gets Funded’ to ‘Note from the Chairman: Infinity Battlescape’ ?

Speaking from my own browsing habits, that’s not necessarily true. I don’t always read the links I open from emails the same day I get the email, they can potentially sit unread for weeks. When this hits the mailout, you may expect to see a “long tail” of backers.

And unlike reddit, it’s targetting a specialised audience.

It’s not about the KS being shut down, afaik. The reason they’re not doing PayPal before the end of the KS is that if the KS fails, it’ll be a royal pain to manage refunds for PayPal pledges.

Specialised audience who listens to their main guy and tend to give projects their money. It’s the perfect audience really.

1 Like

Also remember that we are gettign close to 4 thousand backers. If we somehow magically get into trouble, 10 bucks extra from each person amounts to 40k dollars. Let that sink in.

It’s an irritating clickbait title for a duplicate thread. Im not going to change it again, and i should have just posted first, but do be aware that we don’t want these forums looking like kotaku.

3 Likes

…and flagrantly untrue without at least ‘ensured’ being changed to ‘helped ensure’.

2 Likes

Click-cake? Where’s my cake? I clicked, gimmie cake!

…please?

Helped ensured, ensured, it’s semantics. The bottom line is that the KS was seeing diminishing donation amounts for days and the minimum daily requirement was at almost 8k. As of the last 24 hours, the minimum daily requirement is now below 6k per day and that continues to drop. My intention was to show appreciation for anyone from Cloud Imperium / Star Citizen community who are browsing these forums.

At the end of the day, everyone wins with the creation of more space games!

Semantics makes the difference between it sounding like you’re saying ‘Hey, all you people who spent the last X number of years making this happen, yeah, you’re not important and nor is anything you did’ and it not sounding like that. Not so much what you’re intention is, I’m just worrying about how it could be taken. :wink:

Also, mid At that time in the kickstarter the whole ‘diminishing donation amounts for days’ thing applied to Star Citizen too. It’s kinda a deadzone for all kickstarters.

I think ‘ensured’ is a pretty fitting word for what he did …

Chris Roberts sees KS … he finds KS cool … KS might fail … Chris Roberts has a lot of influence … he uses that influence to make sure KS does succeed.

The question is, does Chris Roberts really have that much influence to ‘ensure’ something like this. Many don’t think so. Cakensworth does … it looks like it until now … I think it’s an appropriate title for a speculative thread … which this turned into.

I think there is going to be a cascade … and this might just have kicked it of.

3 Likes

Eh, I guess it’s a world of ‘what could have beens’ now. Maybe going around saying ‘I personally ensured Star Citizen succeeded’ is a more entertaining approach to this line of thinking anyway. C:

I think to say something ensured the result of something else is not to take away from the relevance of all facets of the whole. As I said above I was specifically acknowledging the contribution of Chris Roberts, which I do think will ultimately be significant in the scope of this campaign.

Don’t have a huge issue with it, but as I read it it seems to imply beyond a doubt we will 100% get funded, mostly based on CR (massive Kukos to his shout-out). First off we are tracking well but not currently fully funded at the minimum tier, second our Core community, streamers, family members, the sacrifice of the dev team and too many others to name were just as influential in ‘ensuring’ we get funded.

8 Likes

I certainly can not know with absolute certainty that I:BS will be funded, but I do feel that there is great reason to have increased confidence for that potential result now! :smile:

Absolutely! I’m sure if someone was capable of accounting for all inputs there would be many individuals to acknowledge for all their efforts and continued support. :slight_smile:

Every backer is not in a position to raise their pledge by only $10 more. In fact, the only ones who would be able to do so are the current backers of the $25 tier. Certainly you must have meant on an overall average, but for those at a higher tier, the likelihood of them raising up is little or none.

It is possible to add 10 bucks without demanding a new reward.

That is what I was unsure of. By checking into it myself, it does appear possible to manage in a way without having to go entirely to the next tier. I correct myself, we all technically could add an exact dollar amount to our current pledge.

No doubt it’s given the campaign a boost just because it has exposed I-Novae to his vast fan base. Whatever the reason, once Battlescape is funded it will be able to stand on its own merits! I believe that’s what has made people pledge, CR just helped steer the people to the campaign.

“Chris Roberts just ensured”. That’s past. That would mean, he transferred all missing pledges to your bank account where it is sitting and waiting for you to pledge it?