Battlescape Videos (During KS)

This is a very nice video

5 Likes

Here is a short video I put together

It includes the crash associated hilarity from last Saturday’s live stream event.

I hope you like it.

4 Likes

Goosebumps on that one

2 Likes

Best video I’ve seen yet. Captures all the best aspects of the prototype.

2 Likes

That was wonderful. I love the Sunshine score.

2 Likes

4 Likes

this is certainly the best video I’ve seen until now. After that I want to play more sooner.

Hutching the maestro, I like playing like you did.

1 Like

Added the above plus one or two from the other thread!

Why don’t you try to make a game? Spoiler? It’s not easy.

Added the new KS update!

Jeez, that vid was a blast! And by far the best so far. Really sold it all!

1 Like

Wow, that really is the best one yet. A couple days before the next livestream I suggest the devs post this in an update of “great community videos”, calling for people to watch the next stream.

2 Likes

Just noticed this video on a fairly big channel:

It’s a very similar format to the Combat Montage. It’s also modded, was this perhaps @TARS’ perspective of the second stream?

1 Like

Its TARS latest video he posted to our Planet Explorer Account on youtube. Seems like they downloaded it and reupped it to their channel.
They didn’t ask but if it brings people to I:B its very okay in our book. Yay!

3 Likes

Oh so it is. Well then.

1 Like

I like that youtube account : )

2 Likes

A video from the French community’s channel:


Probably an old video they hadn’t uploaded yet, but still fun.

1 Like

It perfectly shows the problems that are most noticeable in planet rendering (LOD popping and something with shadows?).
These problems were well hidden in other videos, but i hope it will be solved in upcoming two years.

I can’t see any LOD popping at all, even actively looking for it.

The only popping I see is the trees. - The trees are very much placeholders and no LOD has been implemented for them AFAIK. - This popping is clearly visible in other videos, no attempt had been made to hide it :smile:

I think the issue from 1:01 to 1:11 that looks like a shadow is not a universal problem. I don’t see it in other videos of similar approaches. Maybe it’s to do with that player’s PC hardware & drivers?

But anyway, there are certainly many problems to be overcome in the next few years. Exciting times!

1 Like