Battlescape Player Videos

Damn that looks great! You can already feel the love and care that went into this and it’s not even Alpha yet!

3 Likes
Summary

Shots look like Assets to UE4

6 Likes
15 Likes

Great content overview Playbenni!

I’m sure you won’t mind if I share this :blush:

4 Likes

I shared also, on ED, SC and a couple I:B forum threads.

3 Likes

I love Playbenny, he is cool!

3 Likes

So then if someone doesn’t someone else to get credit for a kill, all that person would have to do is crash his/her own ship?

I feel like capital ships will be much deadlier when their guns can actually gimbal to the sides and auto-aim or auto-fire. Right now, it seems that the slow projectiles on capitals make them too easy to kill.

There’s been some concern about travel time in the full game once all the objects are much further apart (travel from the sun to pluto, 39.5 AU, takes over 300 minutes). Capital ships should be the solution to this, either through containing a jump drive or just an FTL warp drive. Maybe warping in formation with a capital would pull small ships along and Corvettes could have a similar but weaker ability.

A faster warp drive makes travel seamless, but if there’s no possibility of detection or interception at warp speeds, jump drives seem more optimal.

8 Likes

The Destroyer is all kinds of sexy. Best looking Destroyer in gaming IMO.

2 Likes
Summary

Work on effects: Bloom, Light rigs. Look, you can diversify the animation loops of the engine thrust type. and it’s there behind him hotly, he is gradually cooling down.



3 Likes

0.2.1.0 Spacebattlemix

https://vimeo.com/239707357

the edit is still rough, practice for alpha weekend

19 Likes

Ok, I’ll resist the urge to share it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s ok to share, maybe helps with pre alpha weekend hype. Awesome performance at 4K.

2 Likes

Indeed. My hand has this uncontrollable movement that urges it to post the vid in the next weekly update. Must resist.

7 Likes

I think… I think he gave the “Ok to Go signal”

5 Likes

Ah cool. Too bad you can hear a bit my voice from the stream ( I assume? ) the first few seconds at the beginning.

Framerate is a bit choppy, is that because of the recording and did you experience that in game ?

1 Like

Adds to the charm :wink:

2 Likes

ED, SC, LinusTechTips, Descent Underground, Guru3d.

Let me know if there are a few other good game forums I could post a I:B thread on. Maybe one more space/Sci-Fi based, and then two edging towards general gaming. But all with very high traffic for good exposure. PM me or reply this post. Ta.

1 Like

The compression is a bit choppy.

I’ll post a better quality version in an hour Edit: better compressed version has been uploaded.

I didn’t notice any major frame-rate drops in game. It was a smooth experience, most of the time.

2 Likes