Battlescape Player Videos

I really could not disagree more. I guess if you’re a fan of country music then you may think it goes with anything.

13 Likes
15 Likes

Playbenni is to videos what @SpaceJay is to screenshots. Bravo.

4 Likes

Thanks, but I shamelessly stole ideas from his screenshots. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Amazing work as usual, just lovely :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Then what is @SpaceJay to videos???

1 Like

I also shamelessly steal ideas from @Playbenni (and everyone else).

My screen-shots are from video. So, SpaceJay is to video, what video is to screen-shot.:wink:

4 Likes

Ah so you are cooking something in the background eh, looking forward to the eventual result!

3 Likes
9 Likes

Pretty video.
I have to be doing something very wrong.
How do you rotate camera around the ship so nicely ?

Generally if you want to film smooth pans using a gamepad or joystick is better for smooth camera work. Not sure if thats why but thats my guess.

1 Like

Nope, I used the mouse. Just some careful hand movement, and that’s it. It’d be even smoother with a joystick or gamepad.

I think i figured it out. I was never able to do it because of the head look on axis.
But in general these two groups are mutually exclusive.

Input Event=“AddViewYaw” SecKeys=“mouseaxisx” Type=“AxisX” GroupID=“4”/>
Input Event=“AddViewPitch” SecKeys=“mouseaxisy” Type=“AxisY” GroupID=“4”/>

Input Event=“SetViewYaw” SecKeys=“joystick0axis3” Type=“AxisX” GroupID=“4”/>
Input Event=“SetViewPitch” SecKeys=“joystick0axis4” Reverse=“true” Type=“AxisY” GroupID=“4”/>
.

If SetViewYaw is assigned AddViewYaw (the rotation with ctrl) will not work, even if you disconnect axis for SetViewYaw
And the SetViewYaw in external views will be limited to front hemisphere only, just as if you were in cockpit.

I was intending on just a few nice screenshots until I spawned into a battle that was just crying out to be recorded. Apologies for the not-so-great quality, but the drama that unfolded should still shine through. Things really heat up about halfway through this video if you cba to watch it all :wink:

This game is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Some nice fights with @Chee @Pendrokar and @INovaeFlavien. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Countdown to Asteroid Backer Weekend

8 Likes

Thought I’d share the video I used to extract these screenshots! As it says in the description, skip to 00:04:35 for a couple of minutes of awesome explosions. :smile:

7 Likes

At 6:05 the NPC sets off its own mine :smile:.

2 Likes

Yep, that was hilarious - I just finished it off with a torpedo, it did most of the damage to itself!