Awesomes of the Internets

It was possible 50 years ago too with an Orion drive. :wink:

2 Likes

Orion was too much of a dangerous dream…

I could say the same for any form of interstellar travel :wink:

Only playing devil’s advocate though…

I intentionally left out it’s practicality :stuck_out_tongue:

Orion totally represents 1950’s and 1960’s crazy engineering ideas though and I love that part of it.

I haven’t read their stuff about the laser sail, and I’m sure it’s possible we ā€˜could’ do that. The point I was making is that it’s just as possible now as it was 50 years ago.

Yes, you made the same point twice now. :wink:

1 Like

Sadly that’s pretty much my only special skill…

1 Like

How classical painters depicted work and lives of programmers

2 Likes

So I finally read what the idea was and you left out ā€˜us’ was just tiny probes. I was assuming you and the concept meant humans to AC which is why I treated it without much respect.

This is actually pretty plausible and only requires money and the research to make it happen. If it’s financial backing can last, I could see this happening and I’ll admit it would be a pretty incredible thing to see in our lifetime.

Having said all that I would love to see their math and engineering plans behind it all to double-check…

3 Likes

Horizon -
2015-2016: 6. Should We Close Our Zoos?

Liz Bonnin investigates how and why zoos keep animals and looks at whether they need to change to keep up with modern science.

3 Likes

This Flyboard Air looks like fun:

Not a hoax according to The Verge.

2 Likes

More FPV awesomeness from FinalGlideAus.

3 Likes

I can’t even…

Something remotely linked to the moon???

2 Likes

A giant space bubble.

4 Likes

Homemade hoverbikes are now officially a thing.

3 Likes

For the love of all that is holy, please don’t censor this Nintendo.
I love the B movie style :smiley:

Also the soundtrack is something special on its own too. Produced by the same guy :open_mouth:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq1L7Jk1Dk68qn-26ScGZLdLfJqiOQcqW

1 Like

BBC Click -
30/04/2016

A comprehensive guide to all the latest gadgets. Click explores going into space on the cheap, and reports on a new type of hairdryer and video camera.

This is so smart and simple… you made my day (just saw it)

only available in UK

1 Like

NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research, 2016 Deepwater Exploration of the Marianas

Live video stream.
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/media/exstream/exstream.html

Perfectly timed separation :smiley:

5 Likes

The Sky at Night - 8th May 2016
Mercury: The Problem Child of the Solar System

To mark a transit of Mercury, an attempt to explain its mysteries. Surface temperatures exceed 450 degrees, yet it has patches of ice.

One of the most remarkable public events in my country is the Victory Day. It is traditionally celebrated on the 9th of May.

2 Likes