Awesomes of the Internets

http://frameofmind.be

http://www.akimbocomics.com/?p=924

Oh my god !!

Hehe

1 Like

Tesla’s model 3 reveal is happening right now for those that are interested.

https://model3.tesla.com/

1 Like

Can I have one please?

2 Likes

Small update but damn do I want the matte black one from the reveal. It looks so good.

4 Likes

Seperate post because different topic.

BO launched and landed their rocket intended for tourism again yesterday. Its payloaded consisted of a couple of microgravity experiments this time around.

From what I read the rocket has had little to no refurbishment other than replacing comsumables(Fuel, rcs, parachutes for the capsule, etc). I think they’re going to fly this sucker until it can’t fly any more just to test its limit. They also tested a lower engine restart altitude, probably to get data on trajectories closer resembling suicide burns for landing larger rockets whose engine TWR is never <1.

5 Likes

I wish they were able to show more of the car’s specs but I guess we’ll see in a few months.
I usually find the matte paintwork looks messy in sunlight. I’m more partial to the metallic colours.
If only I could make a down-payment D:

I’ve actually never been a fan of matte black on any car. This is stranglely the only time it has ever looked good to me. I think you might be right that it would look worse in sunlight. My top choice for car colours is a dark steel blue or forest green anyways, but black is always a close third.

Me too. Funnily enough the Tesla S has the exact shade I like

Also, easter update of the Gigafactory flyover

2 Likes

The factory doesn’t look like it’s “Giga” - they should add a greeble texture on top for a better scaling effect :wink:

5 Likes

No banana for scale = fail. C’mon Tesla! I expect better from you!

So I’m looking at those door handles and they look exceptionally flat. Did they make it a push-button entry to reduce drag? Is it mechanical, touch sense, or just key-less entry only? Seems like they could run into problems no matter what choice they went with.

edit: ehh…nevermind, they’re touch-sense/mechanical. I could have saved myself some commentary by just doing a google image search, but I guess i was just living up to my name-sake

3 Likes

What a quick Google image search won’t tell you is that your intuition is correct. A lot of the early models of the S ran into problems with the handles not popping out when the key holder approached. I have heard/assume that this issue has been solved years ago but it definitely existed :wink:

FOO VR…Foover…Foo vee arrr…ferver…fe

Someone made an aircraft hanger in Kerbal Space Program.

No, not that kind of hangar.

8 Likes

That reminds me of an old experimental military project:

1 Like

Good Stuff

The complete conceptual history of the Millennium Falcon.

I find this awesome. :slight_smile:

Looks like technology to get “us” to Alpha Centauri in our lifetimes might be possible today.

4 Likes

Relating to that here’s a direct link to their website:

Homepage
http://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Initiative/3
Concept
http://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Concept/3
18 Challenges
http://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Challenges/3

1 Like