Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

I simplified the lower tip of the shield on the left side, which gave me more room to play with. So I made the ship larger and now it looks kinda good sized even when the ribbon is fully overlapping the shield. Now I’m on the fence with left and right again :smile:

2 Likes

Third row, left side “is definitely the best”. I continue to prefer Aleon’s choice of shield shape and the curled “horizon” thingie on top. It more cleanly flows into the rest of the elements. The cutout corners on @LucasFIN’s shield just don’t flow.

The five stars are simply a non-starter for me.

I much prefer to see the tip of the shield sticking out. Note that there’s no reason why the wings could not also overlap the ribbon. Right now, you’ve got them sitting apart. That Old Guard Graphics logo that I suggested has tons of overlap on the various visual elements, and it works just fine.

I like @MrGibbs’ triple ship idea, but the forum element is a critical aspect of who The Old Guard is, and should not be lost.

2 Likes

You can read your own symbolism in to this design I was playing around with…

I’m not saying anything.

5 Likes

Just cut the bottom half of the 8 and we are good to go :wink:

Hah, I didn’t even see that. My own observation was more lavatorial.

1 Like

The ‘One’ star could intend “The Quest for Earth/Sol” for us dedicated old timers @LucasFIN

2 Likes

Ah. True. That position was from the time the ribbon was still gold and couldn’t be mixed with the golden wings.

So you don’t like to see any stars? Not even one? :stuck_out_tongue: I would say the overlapping ribbon version requires something that is revealed from below in the plain version.

I’m not a fan of the 3 ship idea actually. At least not with 3 Flamberges.

1 Like

Here’s a new version with the more organic shape for the shield and a forum rising from the horizon of a planet! Minimal amount of stars:

7 Likes

Mustache…

:grimacing:

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, that’s definitely in the right ballpark. I very much like the improved forum. The most problematic visual for me is the heavy focus of graphical elements along the centerline of the shield. Can the left and right edges have some subtle shading or something to balance things out? The stars were originally used to fill things out, but they make the shield too busy. Something much more subtle is called for. Perhaps a feathered-out star field in the large format, and just a color gradient in the small.

I think the symbology is pretty interesting. A spaceship departing the forums and heading off into a set of infinite stars.

Hanging over it all is the long wait…

Edit:

I tried seeing the mustache the last time you said that and it just doesn’t show up for me.

I’m going for a flat design, so no gradients / transparency I’m afraid. Have to come up with something else.

It can also be understood to represent he leap from the old forums to the new one :slight_smile: At least when the bottom star is visible (plain version).

Maybe a non curled horizon could work there as well?

Left one is perfect just go back to the old topper, not moustache please

1 Like

The resolution, coloring, placement of the Flamberge and the simplicity simply screams to your intended lavatory like symbolism :slight_smile:

You called?

Oh wait.

I agree though. The left one ticks almost all the boxes for me, just needs the old “horizon” style line back

1 Like

The plain shield will actually come with the decorated one. :wink: Just wanna clarify that. The exact same shield without the decoration.

Did some fine tuning. Here it is with the logo:

8 Likes

I like the simplicity of the bottom one. Reminds me of something that would be a shoulder patch. The middle one looks like the official crest on the floor of their building. Looks very nice.

2 Likes

2nd WIP round. This time I approached the challenge with a more modern and “less is more/reduce to the max” style which suits my personal taste better and gives the logotypes a more versatile usability.

Again, all my favorites in black, the WIP-pool in grey… feedback please. Which way should I go or continue to work on?

12 Likes

From the black ones I prefer that triangle in the loop thingy. From the grey ones… that similar one.

The O and G forming the Infinity loop is also a great idea. Although maybe a bit too much like a modern company logo when on it’s own.

1 Like

I was inspired* to put my MS paint skills to the test. (*I was bored)

So here’s a bit more inspiration for all of you actual artists.

4 Likes