Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

Good point :slight_smile: Makes me like the middle one more as well.

You mean spaceship wings?

Of course not… they’re the injection fins within a fusion core thrust vector system, meant for atmospheric applications and short zero atmosphere bursts. Wings… why would you dare suggest I meant wings on Spaceships…

:blush:

2 Likes

Here’s the middle one with and without decoration:

2 Likes

Combine the banner and the infinity loop. Something a little like this maybe.

Perhaps have the entire loop visible / in front of the shield though.

3 Likes

Clever.

I like the star rising over the planet. Perhaps have the star rising over the shield, where the top of the shield symbolizes foreground mountains. On @LucasFIN’s shield, the top of the shield is the planet horizon.

Really like these :smiley: I personally don’t like the ship in there.

I’d imagine would look cool something like this. Putting things on top of each other gives the logo a bit more depth. (I hope you don’t mind me experimenting with your stuff.)

4 Likes

Feel free to experiment with them :smile: I’ve done it too on other people’s work.

Although I would like to get that ribbon on top of the shield there’s 2 problems that arise by doing so:

  1. the ribbon must be separated from the shield with that white stroke/gap (not looking that good imo) or by using a different color for the ribbon (breaking my palette)

  2. too much space is lost in the shield and it would force me to do the non decorated shield differently than the decorated one (different composition of elements in the shield that is not covered with the ribbon). I would like to keep the decorated shield and the plain shield the same.

Here’s a new version of the shield with a new shape (mixture of he bottom one and the middle one):

Just to clarify. I haven’t abandoned that logo I made previously. This is not the logo. This is the coat of arms.


Edit:

Here’s an attempt to solve the before mentioned problems while putting the ribbon on top. I added a star below the ribbon that will be revealed once the ribbon is removed and balance the composition in the plain shield. I also aimed for a minimal overlapping of gold in the shield and the ribbon. Here’s the new and the old shield side by side. Notice that the ship is now much smaller than it used to be.

Which one do you prefer:

EDIT 2: I added a third option with a light brown ribbon. It keeps the original composition of the shield and doesn’t go too far from my palette.

3 Likes

I think I prefer Aleon’s variation the most. I’m not comfortable with the contents of the shield. It seems a bit too busy.

This is the portion of it that looks good to me. It wants more, but additions need to be clean. For the record, I think that having the forum in there is another clever addition.

The infinity symbol seems essential, but it’s awfully ugly.

Perhaps a sunrise above the forum walls, with a ray shooting down to obscure the gap. ā€œAwaiting the dawn of the Kickstarterā€ and all that.

2 Likes

I’m just going to be honest.

That ribbon looks like a mustache. Just saying.

2 Likes

Just a quick note @LucasFIN, I’m loving the inclusion of the new color in that bottom emblem. Not sure about the horizon being that new color as it’s a bit fragile and so should be pronounced with a stronger color. Yet the TOG ribbon in a new color really looks good. It adds a third layer that can be used to express even more symbolism…

And now I can’t unsee it.
Thank you…

3 Likes

The ribbon has to be a new color if it is going to be added on top of the shield as I don’t want that part to be cut out of the shield with a white stroke/gap.

I applied the same color for the horizon to get some balance of colors. I felt it needed that new color somewhere else too. Maybe I will experiment with more colors for the ribbon and horizon? Something blue maybe? Then the horizon would be the horizon of Earth :wink:

I will also experiment with different content for the shield to make it less busy. However I really like the Flamberge and the Infinity loop, so I am going to keep them for now (or at least keep them after some modifications).

1 Like

Here’s a more simplified shield with either a fully overlapping ribbon or partially overlapping one. And either blue or grey/brown ribbon:


Which combination is closest to the ā€œtruthā€? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why not something like this?

It’s very rough as I had to do it in Paint as I’m at work, but essentially I think three ships would look better, finalise it like that with them being perfectly lined up… maybe even had some white line engine effects too that fade out towards the end. I can do a full version when I get home but overall this is my favourite and as a graphics designer myself I love what you’ve done with it. Definitely keep light brown ribbon and the wings.

Overall this is my favourite as it’s the Old Guard flying into Infinity :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im getting a mixed ā€œadd more stuffā€ vs ā€œadd less stuffā€ message here :wink:

I also like the balance in that shield where the ribbon only partially overlaps the shield but it bothers me that the lower tip is hidden below the ribbon.

Let’s forget the blue ribbon. Here’s a comparison with simple shield vs. complex shield with both types of ribbon overlapping:

I’m still gravitating towards top right… Or actually towards the right side. I’m on the fence with top and bottom.

1 Like

Top right is definitely the best, however, I really don’t understand the building arrangement in the middle. I really think something more relating should go there. Unless you could explain a little as really a Government, Clan and so forth would primarily be based in space on an ever expanding guard.

It’s a forum :wink:

1 Like

T’is a nice idea, I just don’t like how it appears on the logo, just too bulky… the overall shape of the logo is there. Just that ā€˜Forum’ doesn’t suit it in my eyes :blush:

2 Likes

Here’s a new version of the forum applied to all versions:

2 Likes

Top Right is definitely the best and you shouldn’t deviate from that design, I just really think it’s missing something small but can’t figure out what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a planet in the background, or maybe some outlines of a planet system I’m really not sure :slight_smile: Overall it’s brilliant it’s just something

1 Like