Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

I hate to say it, but the top portion looks like a toilet flushing…

2 Likes

All part of the symbolism…(probably)

@LucasFIN looking good, now it seems that there is space for something above the wings, maybe a galaxy or an hourglass, a galaxy hourgalss, some ship?

@TerranAmbass, nice and simple, looks good, you compressed the hourglass and the infinity symbol which leaves you with some space and a lot of canvass left, maybe some stars or a fighter trail and a TOG tag somewhere?

1 Like

I tried some elements there (including the Flamberge) and it maybe got a bit too stuffed. I like to keep it as simple as possible.

I might test a version where the star is higher and/or the upper spike is longer.

1 Like

The one thing I can think about for the Old Guard is this

But that’s probably just me.

5 Likes

And the New Guard after the KS:

:wink:

9 Likes

Then another one :]

7 Likes

I like the spiky ball. The shield is designed nicely but I would personally remove it.

Polar opposite of Lucas Opinion.

Also prefer the right color balance.

1 Like

Screams punk to me and I’m not a punk…

Still nice work though.

I’m no fan of the spike ball (is it a sun?), nor the distorted “TOG” inside the shield.

But I like the font (of “The Old Guard” text) and also the shield and the arc. I would just put something else in that shield than the TOG tag.

Keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TerranAmbass should steal that shield with the TOG text, would make a nice addition. :slight_smile:

That might’ve been done subconsciously by me :]

(is that right english? Well…)

1 Like

Slowly… :]

4 Likes

Looks nice.
I like it aesthetically but I’m not a fan of the hour glass… To me it represents time running out or something in a state of change. The ‘oldness’ of TOG is something immutable which I don’t feel an hour glass represents.

I think it has become too busy with all the stripes and white outlines cutting the shield everywhere.

I kinda liked the previous one more, or those certain elements in it that I mentioned before. I have extracted those elements here. I would love to see you taking this part of the previous design further. Perhaps add something in the shield in white (but no stripes nor distorted text :wink: ) and something on top of the shield in gold.

1 Like

I made a little “fan art” version of the above state by adding some of my own elements :wink:

Might be too busy as well, but I just had to get it out of my system :slight_smile: Hopefully it gives some ideas or inspiration though.

4 Likes

It’s a long way to the 8th of April :frowning:

1 Like

Imagine all the awesome designs we have time to come up with :wink:

5 Likes

I was thinking along similar lines - it would be fun to create something like a heraldic crest/coat of arms, with lots of details, and then maybe a simplified logo version for smaller sizes.

My thoughts so far for details/visual elements:

Ouroboros (symbolizing eternity, described as the first living being - and would make for a cool frame around the logo. This would replace the infinity symbol and hourglass)
Kraken (From the battleship in the ICP! =D )
Sword (For the Flamberge)
A stylized forum ( Tympanum and columns)
Star (Representing the space element)

I realize it will be difficult to fit all these elements, but that’s part of the fun!
Thoughts, everyone?
Anything else that could be added?

3 Likes

Agreed, the three-color schemes work really well!

1 Like