Wybo
April 8, 2017, 12:11pm
1
Hey guys!
I’m looking for pictures of the ships designed so far for I:B. I’m mostly interested in orthogonal views (side, top) and scale comparisons between ships. Have such visualisations been made? And if so, where can I find them?
1 Like
Here you go, it’s in this update:
I'm accidentally posting this one day late but better late than never I suppose :p. With another week behind us we've got quite a few screen shots to show off. Our art team is in the process of wrapping up the concept art for all of the ships. They still have a bit left to do for land bases, space stations, and weapons however the ships are definitely the most important part of the game. This week we'd like to show off the new concept art for the SFC Interceptor.
[image]
For those of you who…
Note that this has the old corvette mesh, affectionately dubbed Cyrano.
Here are some station orthos, with a few ships scattered here and there for scale:
This week's update comes with new screen shots of 3d mockups for various space station pieces.
[image] Various space station pieces (WIP)
The art team continues to iterate on space station, land base, and factory meshes. There's a lot of trial and error involved in seeing how various pieces fit together both aesthetically and functionally. So far we're pretty pleased with our ability to reuse and recombine large pieces of architecture in ways that creates what appears to be completely unique…
Hey all time for another weekly update. A number of large projects are beginning to wrap up. For starters updating the physics code is about done. We've completed a shallow integration of PhysX and it will be fully supported once they finish work on double precision. Originally we were going to use Bullet, which already supports double precision, however Bullet doesn't have multi-threading and its GPU support leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately those of you with AMD cards won't get any GPU …
Also, here is Juan’s Sketchfab page, where you can view the models.
2 Likes
Wybo
April 8, 2017, 1:01pm
3
Thanks alot!! Especially Jan’s sketchfab site is very useful.
I remember seeing orthogonal views of the Hellion Corvette. I haven’t been able to find those anywhere. Would you or anybody else know where to find those?
I’m planning to make small pixel art of several ships, which I want to use for designing station interiors (taking into account traffic flow). So I’m especially interested in anything in top view
2 Likes
Wybo
April 8, 2017, 8:03pm
4
So I’ve gone through all the weekly updates and I found these neat comparison pictures:
Might be useful for anybody also looking for this stuff
10 Likes
Naiba
April 9, 2017, 4:09pm
5
Just remember, a lot of this stuff is heavily work-in-progress, the final designs might look a fair bit different.
2 Likes