The old contributions topic!

No ‘Cuttles’ for you.

2 Likes

aaah the fleet renders were great… My favorite ship was the Nimitz, took me years to realize that it was an actual ship, only there for size comparison >,<

1 Like

Couldn’t find any concept art for the cuttlefish, I know I have it somewhere. But while I was searching I came across these. Never was much of a 3D artist but enjoyed the attempt:

‘Tarsus Hauler’

8 Likes

Here’s another batch - this one’s a procedural Skyscraper. Several different bases, midsections, and ‘crowns’ which can be assembled together to produce a variety of buildings at various heights.

9 Likes

Checked my old photobucket account, and rediscovered this size comparison image. Some larger ships. … Severus for scale :wink: I think the Coralis Severus was about 100m long, closer to 75m maybe.

10 Likes

I found a bunch of images I uploaded to the old forums and made a new topic here. Not sure if I should just delete it and copy the contents to this post.

Anyway, I had forgotten how much stuff I did(big guns not mine).

6 Likes

I have a thousand pics (mostly ships) lying around, uploaded to photobucket:

The contribution section was my favorite part of the forums :grinning:

edit: fixed link - apparently photobucket cannot handle sub-albums.

3 Likes

There’s nothing there.




















16 Likes

Wait. Sonmeone actually modeled the Asthar? :o

1 Like

I’d forgotten how many sexy ships people had come up with.

3 Likes

I have fixed it.

UPK did, as with the thor, if i recall correctly.

I had totally forgot. I miss the contributing system :sob:

5 Likes

This is a ship concept I was working on but never submitted. Till now that is.

5 Likes

Looks a bit too similar to a Cylon Raider, to be honest. But looks nice.

I also do. So good many memories…

1 Like

And it’s awesome :open_mouth: Was this done with MS Paint? The level of detail is incredible.

2 Likes

It reminds me of some sort of giant mechanical winged creature. I love it.

3 Likes

Yeah its MS Paint. That was the most accessible app at the time for me. I kept it on a thumb drive. I could work on from almost any PC. But I had a hard time producing a perspective drawing of it.

It’s supposed to be a Centaurus Super capital. I read that faction lacked one at the time. Each pixel = 5 meters.

The Cylon Raider likeness always bugged me. I was trying to design something that wasn’t a flying log.

3 Likes