Here is the first version of InfinityContribs, it was intended to be a tool where our community contributions could be uploaded and recorded. @INovaeFlavien had input into the second version and I got some space on the development server for it, gonna save that version for a later bump.
It’s been a long while since I’ve checked up actively on this, but I’ve been lurking a fair bit in-between, I still have this back from when it was being modelled and hyped about:
HUD designs by user @junaum(not an official developer), who had got even @INovaeFlavien to discuss many details of the HUD. Note this was for Infinity the MMO, not Battlescape. Battlescape would probably have way less elements.
Absolutely true.
I loved that topic.
The GUI/HUD was and still is great. Clean informative and the STYLE !
funny to retrospect the dreaming about it in motion
Found a few models on my hard drive. Not sure how it survived my crash recently, but I managed to save one or two. As I recall, I just downloaded a few models from the
The Brahms: Can’t recall who made this. (LANDED ON A SURFACE!!! )
Brahms 2: The model came with landing extracted and retracted, as shown. (added blue lights just because.)
An early WIP of the Artemis, not sure who made this either.
I helped @Wybo by whipping up a quicky model of one of his tugs. I also made an asteroid field previously. So I stuck the two together.
A long time ago, I modeled a ship just to practice my meager modeling skills. I posted it on the old forums for some feedback, but didn’t get very far. Not sure if anybody remembers it, but hey, another spaceship picture.
Oooh, I think I ended up pushing the model a bit further than that, I’ll have to check my files when I get home. I also remember a cockpit model for it.
I suppose we can post other people’s work here, I have always been a fan of @Freeman contributions from his Chineese site, Lidong’s work has always fascinated…
Ah, the Cuttlefish! Or whatever we ended up calling her. I was hoping someone would post a render! I’ll try to find the original concept art for the sake of comparison. Fantastic job
Oh god, I’m so glad I stumbled upon this forum just now, I never knew of its existance. Looking through this, I remember so many of these awesome projects. A pretty weird sensation in a way, feels like it was ages ago but it really wasn’t that many years ago.
I only made one “contribution”, it was me learning 3d modeling for the first time, nicknamed SFC Scylla I believe. I’ll post a picture of it at a later time when I’m not considered a new user.
aaah the fleet renders were great… My favorite ship was the Nimitz, took me years to realize that it was an actual ship, only there for size comparison >,<
Couldn’t find any concept art for the cuttlefish, I know I have it somewhere. But while I was searching I came across these. Never was much of a 3D artist but enjoyed the attempt: