I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Had to finally bookmark that page :wink:

Edit: Oh and the pics are majestic! As always.

2 Likes

“Very soon” in relation to what? The whole development time of Infinity till now? This year? This month? ^^

Soon™ probably

1 Like

It’s really simple:

September 27: “Very soon”
October 04: “Very, very soon”

Now, let’s extrapolate:

October 11: “Very, very, very soon”
October 18: “Very, very, very, very soon”
October 25: “Very, very, very, very, very soon”

and so on.

10 Likes

Wrong, it switches to ‘Extremely soon’ around the 16th.

8 Likes

Then it’s ‘Incredibly soon’, ‘Terrifyingly soon’ ‘Unbearably soon’, ‘Devastatingly soon’, ‘Unfathomably soon’, ‘Impossibly soon’ and finally ‘Absolutely soon’?

9 Likes

Infinitely soon.

I’ll get my coat…

7 Likes

I very much hope so. If you miss October that’s pretty much it until March/April, because we’re rapidly heading into holiday season, and there are a whole bunch of big releases on the way that are demanding my wallet be thrown at them

2 Likes

Yea, we’re very much aware. All putting in a lot of hours trying to get this out asap.

12 Likes

Hopefully not April 1st…

According to the last tweets, miss October is no more possible

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s looking that way :smile:

Dear I-Novae, please. can you give any comment to this concern, expressed in Infinity Thread on Star Citizen forums? I will repost your answer with a link to it, as always. Thank you in advance.

But still no actual news on whether flight into and out planetary atmosphere is going to happen with the base game and its goals. Unless I’ve missed something this is still unknown, right? I want to be wrong…

Can you please copy the content here, for those who don’t want/have an account there ? Thanks !

Hmmm, my previous post contains the blockquote with a text of concern. Can you see it?

Anway, here it is without blockquote: But still no actual news on whether flight into and out planetary atmosphere is going to happen with the base game and its goals. Unless I’ve missed something this is still unknown, right? I want to be wrong…

Yes, I just wanted to have the context of the blockquote.

To answer your question quickly, yes the whole concept of Battlescape is based on a massive seamless solar system. You’ll be able to fly seamlessly from space down to planetary surfaces, on which there will be various objectives like factories, installations, cities etc… that you will have to protect or attack ( depending on your team ). The game is not an MMO but has MMO elements in it ( sandbox mode, exploration/scouting, semi-persistence, hundreds of players at the same time per server, if not more… ). We’ll reveal more ( as well as gameplay videos ) during the KS campaign, so stay tuned, thank you !

4 Likes

Flavien, Thank you very much! If to speak about me, i haven’t any doubts coz this is one of the main features of Novae engine’s, its USP(Unique Selling Point) - but who am i to ‘speculate’ without any factual background?)) Now i will repost it with a direct-link to you post.

Thank you again.

The context is people saying yes it looks cool, but this one guy not sure about whether Battlescape will have seamless atmosphere/space transition.

@Crayfish, myself and someone called Tor Matthews all replied to that thread at the same time to answer the question :smile:
I’ve gone back and edited my post to include Flavien’s above post.

1 Like

Wat. Do you think that I-Novae, despite working on an engine for 10 years, would drop one of the key features of the said engine because of minimum or poor funding? I don’t think so. Since battlescape only features a single system or eventually a few, the only thing really making it stand out is the atmospheric entry and flight.