I found that it is not too stable when overclocked too much even with watercooling. So I just keep it at around 4 ghz. It is pretty stable at this speed and I almost never turn off the computer for weeks on end.
Used it as a server (with a need of big single core performance), never off and stable
Motherboard: Asus P9 Z77-V LX2
CPU: i7-2600 3.40Ghz quadcore overclocked to 4Ghz
(Salvaged from a recycling center a few years back, donāt tell anyone, itās still technically illegal. ;))
Ram: 32GB 2000MHz
Video Card: MSI GTX 970 4GB
Hard Drives: 250GB SSD (For the OS and stuff with stupidly long loading times.) / 2TB HDD
OS: Win7 64
Power Supply: TX 750 watt
Case: Seriously? Why is this on OPs list in the first place?
Built this computer a little over a year ago, should last me a good while. Play a lot of Elite: Dangerous on it.
Motherboard: Asus X99-Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core i7-5930k
CPU Cooler: Corsiar H105
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400
Video Card: 2x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 4GB (SLI)
Hard Drives: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Black 2 TB, WD Black 1 TB, WD Black 500 GB
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 1000 P2
Case: Enthoo Primo
Monitor(s): 1x ACER 144Hz G-Sync XB270HU (1440p), 1x BenQ GW2765 (1440p), 1x ASUS VW266H (1200p)
Monitor Stand: Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v1
Keyboard/Mouse: Corsair K95 RGB (Cherry MX Browns), Corsair Scimitar RGB Mouse
HOTAS: Saitek X-55 Rhino
Head Tracking: TrackIR Pro w/ ProClip
Desk: Uplift 900 2 Leg Sit/Stand Desk with Custom Built Top



Just built a new system before xmas, so this will likely be my spec for the foreseeable
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/edit/?userbuild=GwBPxr
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU: Intel i5 6600K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110GT
Ram: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DDR4-2133 (1066MHz)
Video Card: MSI Gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 @ 4Gb Twin Frozr V
Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 SSD, 3x WD Black Series 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/ Window
Monitor(s): Asus VG248QE 24-inch (1080p @ 144Hz), LG 34UM67 34-inch (1080p freesync)
Keyboard/Mouse: Corsair K95 RGB (Cherry MX Browns), Razer Naga Molten
HOTAS: Saitek X-55 Rhino, Thrustmaster Cougar MFD
Head Tracking: TrackIR Pro w/ ProClip
Desk/Rig: Modified GT Omega Wheel Stand w/ Addon Seat
Figure just about a year to complete⦠Should be done by mid-2016:
(just GPU @ CPU to go!)
Motherboard: ASUS X99 - A
CPU: Intel i7 5930X (Noctua D-15 Monster Cooler)
Ram: 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair DDR4 2800MHz
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING ACX 2.0+
(plans to SLI another in 2017)
Hard Drives: 3x WD Blue 1TB in RAID5, 1x Crucial MX200 500GB SDD (will get another for RAID1 mirror setup)
OS: Windows 8.1
Power Supply: Rosewell Platinum 1200W
Case: FULL TOWER Rosewell āWhite THORā 2x 9" Whisper Silent Fans
- DRAGON SWAMI -
While the new crystalline eRAM permanent & faster than FLASH memory will make all current storage, GPU & RAM seem antiquated by end of 2017-2018, it will be longer than that before I could afford any of it! āMonitorsā however, that are just the thickness of a piece of Glass will be available much sooner (late 2016 possiblyā¦) and those will make the current forays into the 4K Flat screens drop drastically. Thatās when current 4Ks will be on my 2016 XMAS list.
Just got a EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti myself (upgraded from and AMD HD something). Gonna wait a while before going for 4k and VR, but when I do Iāll probably get another 980 Ti.
Also a few months ago went from 8GB to 16GB of RAM, got a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD, and with the new GPU I got a new PSU and new monitor (from 1440900 to 19201080)
Next to upgrade is the processor. Currently have an i5 2400.
I reckon itās still a good 2 years before Iām even considering a graphics card upgrade.
Still considering a 1TB SSD, prices are almost reasonable now.
EDIT: Next on my list is a new headset though, as my replacement G35 has developed a hairline crack on the right cup holder casing (kinda difficult to explain with words). Reinforced it with a liberal application of Sellotape for now but that plastic goes pretty quick once it gets damaged and then the cup wonāt stay straight.
Currently looking at the G933 as a replacement, especially given the device switching support, but weāll see.
You should consider upgrading once NVIDIAās pascal comes out. If it performs as expected it should be one of the largest jumps in GPU technology in years thanks to HBM2 and full support for double precision.
Thatās what I planned on doing up until a couple of months ago when my 760SC got shocked. I now have this 970SC for Battlescape even though Pascal was what I wanted. Iāll probably still get a Pascal card anyways but I may wait until the mobile versions are released.
This is my current dilemma!
I have funds for replacing my PC which I will be doing in the next few weeks. After much thought, I am gonna stick with my R9 290 Tri-X GPU and put the cash towards an i5 6600k machine with 16gb Ram 250gb SSD Water cooler etc etcā¦
I was very tempted to dump a huge lump on a EVGA 980ti but Iām gonna wait a good 6 months or more and see what the pascal cards are priced at. If I didnāt have a Rift coming in the first batch this wouldnāt be a problem though they do state that the R9 290 is their recommended baseline GPU so I should be fine.
I do wonder what price point the pascal cards will enter at�
My assumption is they will follow previous NVIDIA rollout strategies with enthusiast cards at ~$500-$600.
I can live with that. Not being desperate gives me plenty of time to save up!
Of course, I am assuming the R9 290 will be sufficient to push along an unoptimised I:B 
Yes that should serve you well in the interim haha.
My finger āaccidentallyā slipped on the buy button. Iāll see how good this headset is tomorrow, hopefully.
Sounds like a mouse malfunction to me. Might want to buy a new one.
ā¦or get him a friend depending on how good that headset turns out to be 
You canāt trick me that easilyā¦
Plus, the two mice in my roster at the moment are probably among the best Iāve ever used.
What are you using?