Your PC Specifications for Battlescape

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4
CPU: i7-4790k (4.0Ghz) OC’d to 4.9Ghz with H100i Cooler
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Video Card: Zotac 980ti AMP! Edition
Hard Drives: 1x 240GB SSD, 1x 120GB SSD, 2x 1TB HDD
OS: Windows 10
Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series 600w
Case: NZXT S340

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-Gaming5
CPU: i5-4490 (3.6Ghz)
Ram: 16GB (4x4)
Video Card: XFX RX480 8GB
Hard Drives: 1x 240GB SSD, 1x 120GB SSD, 1x 250GB HDD
OS: Windows 10
Power Supply: Fractal Design 550W
Case: Fractal Design Define R4

My new PC is ordered and will be on its way to me soon! \o/
Bring me those planets…

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x
RAM: 8GB Crucial 2133mhz DDR4 (2x4GB) Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte H170M
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Case: Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition
PSU: 450W Corsair VS

1 Like

CPU: i7-4710HQ
RAM: 8 GB (will add 8 more when needed)
SSD: 232GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 850M 4GB, DDR3 :frowning:
OS: Win8.1 (will be Win10 in summer)

Waiting for autumn to test the game.
Maybe for the release i will get some better metal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Purely by coincidence 2x8gb sticks are being sold on newrgg right now for 55$ which feels insanely cheap but I haven’t shopped for RAM in awhile

1 Like

DDR3 RAM prices have plummeted over the last year. NewEgg’s been doing weekly RAM sales for months now, at least in Canada, where RAM is routinely ~50% off the sticker price. Hell, I’m looking at 2x8GB of DDR4 for $90 CAD ($69 USD), and that’s even with the Canada’s-a-small-market mark up.

Just finishing up on my new box:
“BIG” Thor Case… 8" wide fans on side and top!
1600 Watt Platium
ASUS MB Duel RAIDed Z processor
32 GB 3200mhz DDR4
Mirrored SSD 500GB drives
"3’ 3TB SAS 10k DDM’s for backup in RAID 5 config
i7 5980 OT 4.1 mhz
(Waiting on those Dang GTX1080 cards to come back from the land of insanity, and back to the actual “RETAIL” pricing world!) :anguished:
3+ Grand so far.
I’m happy to say that building a system has really gotten much easier… but for my Wallet Crying!!:grimacing:

I’m hoping this new Rig will actually hold in there for next ~5yrs… we will see. And finally, will be picking up the new SC HOTAS once it comes out next year.
And FYI: Logitech G930 Headset is great! Picked one up for $85 US

3 Likes

in on subtle brag thread:

Intel i7-6700 CPU
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mainboard
GeForce GTX 1080
Windows 10 Home
4k Samsung 60Hz Screen

1 Like

Intel Celeron @ 2.8GHz
ATI RADEON 9250 256MB DDR
256 MB DDR RAM
Windows 98
HP Pavilion mx50 15" CRT

7 Likes

lol reminds joke

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

I took you seriously for a minute.

3 Likes

9 deleted posts, great stuff guys…

About 5 months ago my GTX 560ti, which was 2nd hand when I got it, died. I’ve been on integrated GFX since then and my gaming has been limited to Prison Architect, Factorio, and some older games.

Also I’ve been borrowing a headset from work but it’s a bit rubbish. My mobo (Asus Maximus Hero VI) has a problem with the microphone ADC so I needed either a new sound card or a USB headset.

All the gaming headsets I’ve seen look ridiculous so I’ve gone for a detachable Antlion Modmic and a pair of reasonably high end headphones. The headphones will benefit from a decent amp and to avoid EMI I’ve gone for an external sound card.

So, with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I have splashed out and bought myself a few things:

  • EVGA GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB (1607MHz GPU, 1797MHz Boost)
  • AntLion ModMic Muteless Omni-directional
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD External USB Sound Card
  • Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition HiFi Headphones

Existing components:

  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VI
  • CPU: Intel i5 4670k
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro
  • Storage: 2x HDD, 1x SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
  • OS: Windows 10
  • Power Supply: Enermax 720w Infinity
  • Case: Silverstone TJ09
  • CPU Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme

I’m going away this weekend but at some point in the future I’ll join you guys for a round of Battlescape!

4 Likes

My actual laptop is composed of :

-i7-6700HQ (with an Skylake architecture)

  • GTX 960M
  • 8Go DDR4

Can I run I:B in hig graphics ?

No, you’d have to reduce quality and resolution a bit to sustain at least 30 fps.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is with the video ram. I have 3GB on an HD 7950, and I can run on high, average in space about 50-60, looking at stations ~35, planetside ~ 25. Can’t run on ultra without it crashing after ~ 30 secs.

CPU isn’t much of an issue. I have a 6 year old quad core amd in the mid range, and IB runs currently uses a single core. The biggest issue is the video ram.

Here’s a graph I made a while ago charting card ram and cpu usage:

The first third is just loading up, then I quickly flew to a planet surface to max out the GPU RAM usage. As you can see, I used up most of the video ram during the loading phase.

3 Likes

So… My Geforce 560 broke last week.
I’m not playing games “high end” games currently but I want to play Battlescape when it comes out.

If I update my grapic card now I would have this system:
Intel I7-3770
Ram 8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 1050

Would I be able to play Battlescape with that system?
Plan B would be replacing the broken card with an older grapic card and buy a new computer once I need it.

I play with a 1080, and currently it is hard to reach 60 fps in most situations with medium or better settings.
This is currently pre-alpha, so I expect some performance optimizations in the future.
But I doubt that a 1050 will be enough to play the game on more than low settings on release.

I recommend buying a 1050 anyway, until battlescape releases there is still a long time, better upgrade at that point again and enjoy the good performance of the 1050 in the mean time instead of using a even slower card.