About 5 months ago my GTX 560ti, which was 2nd hand when I got it, died. I've been on integrated GFX since then and my gaming has been limited to Prison Architect, Factorio, and some older games.
Also I've been borrowing a headset from work but it's a bit rubbish. My mobo (Asus Maximus Hero VI) has a problem with the microphone ADC so I needed either a new sound card or a USB headset.
All the gaming headsets I've seen look ridiculous so I've gone for a detachable Antlion Modmic and a pair of reasonably high end headphones. The headphones will benefit from a decent amp and to avoid EMI I've gone for an external sound card.
So, with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I have splashed out and bought myself a few things:
- EVGA GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB (1607MHz GPU, 1797MHz Boost)
- AntLion ModMic Muteless Omni-directional
- Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD External USB Sound Card
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition HiFi Headphones
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VI
- CPU: Intel i5 4670k
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro
- Storage: 2x HDD, 1x SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
- OS: Windows 10
- Power Supply: Enermax 720w Infinity
- Case: Silverstone TJ09
- CPU Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme
I'm going away this weekend but at some point in the future I'll join you guys for a round of Battlescape!