Your PC Specifications for Battlescape

Intel Celeron @ 2.8GHz
ATI RADEON 9250 256MB DDR
256 MB DDR RAM
Windows 98
HP Pavilion mx50 15" CRT

7 Likes

lol reminds joke

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

I took you seriously for a minute.

3 Likes

9 deleted posts, great stuff guys…

About 5 months ago my GTX 560ti, which was 2nd hand when I got it, died. I’ve been on integrated GFX since then and my gaming has been limited to Prison Architect, Factorio, and some older games.

Also I’ve been borrowing a headset from work but it’s a bit rubbish. My mobo (Asus Maximus Hero VI) has a problem with the microphone ADC so I needed either a new sound card or a USB headset.

All the gaming headsets I’ve seen look ridiculous so I’ve gone for a detachable Antlion Modmic and a pair of reasonably high end headphones. The headphones will benefit from a decent amp and to avoid EMI I’ve gone for an external sound card.

So, with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I have splashed out and bought myself a few things:

  • EVGA GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB (1607MHz GPU, 1797MHz Boost)
  • AntLion ModMic Muteless Omni-directional
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD External USB Sound Card
  • Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition HiFi Headphones

Existing components:

  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VI
  • CPU: Intel i5 4670k
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro
  • Storage: 2x HDD, 1x SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
  • OS: Windows 10
  • Power Supply: Enermax 720w Infinity
  • Case: Silverstone TJ09
  • CPU Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme

I’m going away this weekend but at some point in the future I’ll join you guys for a round of Battlescape!

4 Likes

My actual laptop is composed of :

-i7-6700HQ (with an Skylake architecture)

  • GTX 960M
  • 8Go DDR4

Can I run I:B in hig graphics ?

No, you’d have to reduce quality and resolution a bit to sustain at least 30 fps.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is with the video ram. I have 3GB on an HD 7950, and I can run on high, average in space about 50-60, looking at stations ~35, planetside ~ 25. Can’t run on ultra without it crashing after ~ 30 secs.

CPU isn’t much of an issue. I have a 6 year old quad core amd in the mid range, and IB runs currently uses a single core. The biggest issue is the video ram.

Here’s a graph I made a while ago charting card ram and cpu usage:

The first third is just loading up, then I quickly flew to a planet surface to max out the GPU RAM usage. As you can see, I used up most of the video ram during the loading phase.

3 Likes

So… My Geforce 560 broke last week.
I’m not playing games “high end” games currently but I want to play Battlescape when it comes out.

If I update my grapic card now I would have this system:
Intel I7-3770
Ram 8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 1050

Would I be able to play Battlescape with that system?
Plan B would be replacing the broken card with an older grapic card and buy a new computer once I need it.

I play with a 1080, and currently it is hard to reach 60 fps in most situations with medium or better settings.
This is currently pre-alpha, so I expect some performance optimizations in the future.
But I doubt that a 1050 will be enough to play the game on more than low settings on release.

I recommend buying a 1050 anyway, until battlescape releases there is still a long time, better upgrade at that point again and enjoy the good performance of the 1050 in the mean time instead of using a even slower card.

I would suggest you decide that on if you want to play other games until the release of I:B.

If you are not going to play any games. Wait.

If you are going to play easy to run games use an older card or integrated gpu.

If you want to play graphically demanding games until I:B releases. Upgrade now.

You most probably will be able to play I:B with a GTX1050 as its above minimum requirements.

1 Like

Yeah, as Lomsor said, a 1050 will certainly run it, but if you’re not going to do much intense gaming until Battlescape releases, then don’t spend all your money yet! Save up, get by on something cheaper and upgrading nearer release will give your system more life with regards to this game!

Of course, it depends what access you have also! Are you waiting for full release?

well after all this time, my computer has grown old.
I need a new computer…
accepting donations… (just kidding)

4 Likes


My little kid tell me about infinite Battlesacpe , and i kind like , and buy a RX 580 for his birthday .
the Vega serie was fine , there was high price before summer , And Vega 20 , 7nm is comming soon.
I play myself too , i like green team gpu and red ones. For high temp ,

GPUs don’t work the same as cars. What breaks them is temperature variation that creates mechanical forces through dilatation (same mechanical forces that would break your fans, but through rotational inertia), what breaks cars is also mechanical forces however you intrinsically have them within your engine at high speed. High temperature without variation variation in your GPUs = no forces, high speed without variation in the cars = high forces (due to the back-and-forth movement of basically all moving parts). The concept of “power” applies to both, but not in the same way.

1 Like

Thx JordanBF nice post OP ! , meanwhile
holy moly stuff in a Farm in Wisconsin! ,
i think Carter aka “Bits Be Trippin”
kw/$ cost is something like 0.03 $

1 Like

Cool !
i got my BCU-1525 (WITH MODS & RAM) powered by the Xilinx VU9P ordered.
Made some Bench with AWS fgpa instances before to simulate .
Yeah Cool story Bro

Nah !!

im not interrested in RTX 2080 TI 2080 serie , i pass my turn .

More in 7 nm waffer and


my rigs of 570s and 1070 ti will be enough to run most of the actuals games

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 (Z170/ATX)
CPU: Intel i7-6400K 4x 4.4 GHz
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 390 Series
Hard Drives: SSD 250GB + HDD 1TB
OS: Win10 64 Bit
Power Supply: 650 Watt Corsair VS650 80+
Case: Enermax iVektor Midi-Tower (ATX)

4 Likes