There is no AMA and there won’t be any afaik. They clearly said we had to have the product shipped. Not just the KS funded. Which had all of us left baffled.
They’re scum. You should denounce them and excommunicate them from Battlescape.
Flavien, don’t get discouraged by the attitude of one or two mods. It’s probably too late but if you are still interested in doing this, there is also /r/gaming and /r/games, which are completely independent communities and in my opinion more suitable for this kind of AMA.
At this time it’s probably better to wait for the KS to end and get things on track but consider doing this at some point, as it could be a great way to increase visibility.
The way reddit works, those rules only apply to one subreddit with a certain set of more or less self-appointed moderators, furthermore r/iama is a bad choice for exposure due to its unfocused nature. I contacted the r/pcgaming mods and they confirmed they would have no problem with your kickstarter AMA as long as you verified your identity (a post on these forums linking to the AMA would probably be enough for verification, they just dont want people pretending to be devs).
r/games and r/gaming are known to have shitty mod teams so i wouldnt recommend going there.
There’s still a chance for the AMA, like Matt said, /r/pcgaming (175k) or /r/pcmasterrace (400k) would be such a great place for this. You can use the original /r/iama post. Anytime between 9-17 Keith time would work!
I think it would be an easy last minute boost. Please consider it.
Wow, sounds like the mods of /r/iama fucked you over. Like @mattk50 said though, there are other large subreddits that you could do one on.
I haven’t seen AMAs on /r/pcmasterrace before, but if they do them that’s a super popular one.
I’m sorry. 
There’s still being able to have a playable game that people can buy into early access at a higher rate than the Kickstarter is, and being able to announce that when it comes.
Ah damn. That would have been good.
Might have hit the 400k at least. Oh well. Still opportunity later with the direct funding through the site.
You people really overestimate how much an AMA would have brought in. Any data to back up clames for such a high spike?
Sorry, but Reddit just doesn’t work that way. There’s no way to determine the success of any post besides using Karma Decay or RedditLater. It is clear that the yield from a successful Reddit campaign, Space Boner, specifically, is fairly substantial. It’s safe to say that those 5,000 votes funded about 7% of the Kickstater.
My point, and I’m speaking for myself, is that an AMA has the potential to get the funding we saw on that day. Furthermore, there is no risk. The real issue I see is opportunity cost, and I would leave INS to decide what course of action would be most efficient, as you and I have no idea what they could be working on right now.
I support an AMA if INS does. I simply want to show that creating one is perfectly viable, under the pretense that r/iama cancelled their first one.
I don’t completely agree with either of you. (two comments above Jet_Fission) Would having the uninterrupted AMA in the KS made so much of a difference as to make 350k? It’s feasible. Yes, of course I agree in that aspect but I also think they got what they were going to get, regardless. Time to be happy by continuing with goals. Now goals and future goals. The engine stuff will always be a part of it, because as you know, a higher tech engine means higher tech games.
What I mean is, yes an AMA was crucial in the KS but for 1 reason and 1 reason only. That’s because it was kinda part of the plan going into the campaign and it backfired, hardcore! It certainly would have filled that void when it really needed exposure at the time. (lots of those bad moments iirc) In retrospect, I believe it to be more of an impotance and be more of a difference maker post KS. In the end though, I think INS faired pretty well. All is copesetic now!? 
Like Jet_Fission said, it’s a lot.
An AMA is a lot more personal and engaging. The link to the Kickstarter is right there. The imgur link didn’t get to the “front page”.
An AMA that reached the front page easily could have brought in an 30k-100k that day, plus more from those people telling their friends.
Many subs aren’t applicable to the front page, though. /r/gaming and /r/iama are a few that are. But a lot of people still view /r/all.
Uhm. It did. It was on the first page of /r/all. Well the first one did.
I guess I’m misunderstanding you.