Hey everyone here’s your weekly update. On the engineering side Flavien has integrated support for Steam. We probably aren’t going to release the game on Steam until the Beta begins but most of the work for doing so is now complete. I was continuing my work on the UI when I ran into some crazy memory corruption issues. Those ended up taking a few days to fully resolve however in the process I’ve greatly improved our tools for tracking memory allocations. That means if/when a memory corruption issue pops up again in the future it shouldn’t take as long to find the source of the problem.
WIP destroyer comparison with non-capital ships
On the art side Dan continues his work on the final geometry pass for the destroyer which is coming along nicely. Originally Jan was going to help him but we decided to move Jan over to doing the final material pass for stations. Kristian has finished up the material pass for the factory and is working on the final geometry for the land base.
Pre-rendered image of the WIP destroyer
That’s all for this week. Now that the Steam integration is finished Flavien is moving back to completing the merger of the new networking code into the game. Depending on whether or not we run into any unforseen issues it could take another couple of weeks as a number of game systems have to be rewritten during the merger.
Pre-rendered shot of the engines of the WIP destroyer