Hey all time for another update. This week we finally moved past issues caused by an update from Microsoft to our dev tools that broke our build a few weeks ago and began final testing for our next patch. Unfortunately we found a couple of show stoppers in the deployment code which have now been fixed. Deployment, installation, and uninstallation using the new patching system are working well however we have a bit more testing left to do for upgrades before we’re ready to release the next patch.
An updated size comparison for large stuff
A number of smaller issues within the game and engine code have also been fixed. On the art side work continues on finalizing geometry as well as textures and materials. This is going to take a while and the next couple of weeks are budgeted for completing the first 2 ships - the interceptor and the (NPC) hauler. These first ships will go a bit slower than the ships that come after because we’re currently experimenting with the look and feel as well as some new techniques that will be reused for the rest of our assets.
An updated size comparison for medium stuff
As we look toward the Alpha the art team needs to complete texturing for all of our small ships which include the interceptor, bomber, and corvette. In a couple of weeks they also need to begin the UI mockups for the HUD and in-game menu system as well as skinning the launcher. On the engineering side once we ship this next patch we’ll get back to the networking upgrades and the pledge upgrade system followed by incremental patching. Major gameplay iteration will likely resume sometime in August.
An updated size comparison for small stuff