Wallpaper - Give Us Your Best Shot! (Image Intensive)

Correct me if I’m wrong.

“Whenever you have your Documents folder”\Infinity Battlescape\Screenshots

Default:
C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\Infinity Battlescape\Screenshots

I kinda like this one…been on 10 minutes and I have 20 screenshots already…

Imgur

Also I had to make the obligatory pilgrimage to the star…

Imgur

Not the highest of def because I have potato monitor and computer

And those fireflies are what you see when you fly inside the star!

Imgur

9 Likes

Tryed to replicate my previus wallpaper for dualscreens using a custom resolution but it won’t le me use a bigger resolution that doesn’t fit into my actual desktop 1920x1080 + 1680x1050 so here is what I can get at maximum.

And here an album with some similar ones.

8 Likes

10 Likes

One of my favorite activities planet-side is to chase the sun. It’s simple: Land on the dark side of the planet, where the sun is just over the horizon. Then chase the sun, skimming the planet’s surface, enjoying the sunrise!

I bring to you a collection of screenies that were taken from this morning’s run. :smiley:






Here are some shots of our friend Big Purple!


Also a random sunrise.

EDIT: Huh, that first one didn’t come out so well. It has weird lines all over it. :frowning: Oh wells. :smiley:

23 Likes

Hey @Arkenbrien, can you do one of those lovely moody sunrise photos in portrait, eg with your ship on its side? I’m looking for a nice wallpaper for my phone :slightly_smiling:

Edit: Using a cropped one for the moment:

10 Likes

You got it, boss! :wink:

2 Likes

@Crayfish Here ya go! Have some moody sunsets, plus possibly some other stuff, all in portrait. I saved it jpeg, to be more mobile friendly. :wink:

I also have all of these in landscape mode, available upon request!

Lots of choices here, enjoy!











22 Likes

Looks like perfect size for a montage of 4~5 lined vertically across the screen for super cool wallpaper.

Found a shiny:

11 Likes

Was missing high resolution shots on here … so I made some myself …

http://imgur.com/xPdviyY.png http://imgur.com/QGm1BOe.png [**Album**](http://imgur.com/a/zxlZD) (grab them from there if you want to download them, forum compresses/resizes the images)
13 Likes

Thanks! I find the second image starting from the bottom the best by far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at the mountains he used the default high quality setting, not extreme. They’re so jagged it hurts my eyes :frowning:

7 Likes

I try not to look at these (I wanna experience it in-game in alpha) but these engine shots are just so gorgeous :grin:

2 Likes

Shared again on the ED SC and LTT forum threads. Very mood enhancing.

There is some discussion on the ED thread at the moment about which program/game is leading in procedural generation. Page 42/43

1 Like

By golly, you’re right, I completely forgot about that! :frowning:

I’ll fix that when I post my next shots.

I was talking about the photo shot, not the quality of the shots themselves :wink:

what i’m missing so far in the prototype is a thick atmosphere like in the Earth, or a very thick atmosphere like Venus

this is the view you get in an commercial airplane, and we already have no light scattering, unless those mountains are like 5 times bigger than the everest and that would make my sense of size go missing, or maybe it has to do with cammera settings?

Also i love this one, this is how things should look without an athmosphere, thank you Inovae for making this happen

2 Likes

Those mountains are pretty huge, yeah…

But the earth’s atmosphere is crazy thin anyway when you get right down to it:


Not Battlescape ^

2 Likes

there you see a lot of scattering yet, and is (judging by the mountain’s size) at a little bit higher height, i know that things like “thin” or “thick” are pretty relative, so i take Earth as reference (“normal Athmosphere”), and compared to the Earth, the prototype planets have a very thin athmosphere, where you can see the stars with your naked eye, standing in the surface at 12:00 pm, which is not possible in earth unless you go as high as the electrosphere, and even there you won’t see that many stars