Vertical Ships (WIP)

One more: The Jellyfish

2 Likes

Star Trek - :smiley:

Star Wars ships will always reign supreme. :wink:

NEVER! Star-wars nearly killed off the colourful dazzle-camo vibe ships on sci-fi book cover-art were going with during the late 60s early 70s. The style choices in it are to blame for the generic greyness that’s stuck with most sci-fi ever since. ¬_¬

*I’m more a fan of near-future sci-fi anyway :wink:

3 Likes

More than likely it was films like 2001 alongside imagery of NASA’s space program that really cemented people’s idea of space ships. Star Wars was trying to emulate the early WW2 combat theme so its ships subsequently took on a very man-made look.

I still want Jodorowski’s Dune to be made one day, just to see Chris Foss’s amazing concepts come to life.

Oh and speaking of vertical ships :smiley:

1 Like

This one worked fine for me…I love it! I really do need to read that book one of these days.

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

um…yes
It genuinely is one of the greatest scifi novels alongside Clarke and Asimov. Even if you don’t get to read the full series, the first book is excellent.

I know I know…time is just so hard to find! I’ve read the foundation series and I loved it. 2001 too was really great. I suppose I gotta finish off my AHCs…

I know the feeling…I still haven’t read The Martian D:

1 Like

Well, what should have been one of Lynch’s masterpieces was crippled by executive meddling to the point of getting a film that doesn’t even quite work as a film.
I still often recommend watching it, though, because even in such a broken masterpiece, there is still great things to see in the pieces, as in a defaced painting or shattered statue.

But yeah, I really wish someone actually make Jodorowski’s Dune (some people evoke an animated version)

I’m surprised there is no tail-lander (engines down, movement is toward up) as in the Expanse (or with rockets), in this thread.

Huh? I quite liked the movie when I watched it years ago, maybe I should watch it again someday.

As a fan of the novel, I didn’t like the way Lynch and De Laurentiis altered things. It felt like a disorganised cluster**** instead of a meaningful social commentary the way Frank Herbert intended it. The soundtrack is brilliant and a few of the scenes are shot brilliantly but the rest of it feels too disjointed even with the directors cut.

Sorry Zen for derailing the thread :smiley:

I like the new engine update. What kind of visual theme are you going for? Are you following Infinity’s industrial aesthetic?