respect… (10char)
Stellar here! Looking forward to the dev forum discussions!
I was going to pledge $250…
But Matt told me to double it.
Awkward first post FTW! I’m not sure if I should say hi or introduce myself since I feel like the guy who’s been stalking, cough er…
“hanging around” these forums long enough to feel like I already know you.
Stellar supporter, here, and I can’t wait to start working with all of you! And it’s an honor to be able to offer suggestions to the INovae team.
Why pledge? Cause I’ve been dreaming of getting my hands on this game since 2011 (but a moment, compared to the wait for most of you)! Also, I love what physics does to games:
-Boundaries without rules
-Natural limitations/specialization
-Interesting compromises
-Depth of gameplay
-Get to listen to hours of that wonderful Scottish accent on YouTube explaining how the world works.
-Best of all: loopholes that people can use to outwit and overpower their enemies.
Some physics makes those things happen, and some doesn’t add any depth at all. Practical physics also happens to be what I do for a living. I was late to the Kickstarter (#251!) cause I was at work all night getting a petrochemical plant started, and it was fun. C2H6 to C2H4 baby! It’s honestly the steampunk dream, I love it.
Red Krishna standing by
Welcome!
Flavien is Belgian…Can’t think of anyone with a Scottish accent that you could mean.
I think hes assuming that if its successful then Scott Manley would play it. Therefore youtube videos. Therefore wonderful Scottish accent.
I would hope he gets to play the prototype before the kickstarter is over.
Don’t worry @NewtonianNate , the place does not matter 
Back to the … thread, not future! Now that I think of, there’s definitely a few questions I have about gameplay:
How does the warp affect incoming shooting? Assuming the missiles / lasers / whatnots hit, do you still get damage from it?
Will the particles and small debris in the planetary rings damage the ship? From what I saw in BlueDrake’s video, it doesn’t seem to that for now…
How does the density of atmosphere affect the flight of the ship (if this is implemented at all)? For instance, a volcanic giant planet will not have the same atmosphere density, I guess, than a lighter habitable moon?
Seems that this is implemented in the prototype and devs mentioned different environments effecting the flight model.
Fifty somethingth dev tier backer here.
Something I’m curious about is the mechanics of the star system itself; will bodies, including rings, orbit and rotate, or will they be stationary?
How many planets and moons should we expect, or, a question for the community, how many should there be?
Thanks!
Yes, yes, the dreaming gets so far ahead of the present. Thanks for the welcoming!
While the engine is perfectly capable of producing rotating and orbiting bodies, they are presently static for a couple of reasons. One, it made certain points of interest difficult to locate if the body is constant rotating, & two, because its complexifies the netcode greatly. It’s something the developers said they would explore if they reach some of the higher tier funding levels, but for now they feel that the static solar system provides a more reliable and enjoyable gameplay experience.
Another stellar supporter here. Looking forward to playing. (Hopefully the ping wont be so bad down here in Australia… Good chance to test the netcode!)
Backed stellar before I even read the kickstarter, literally a shut up and take my money moment. 
I don’t recall I-Novae saying this, perhaps it was on the old forums? I’ve only been around for ~5 years and active for the past year.
I understand probable issues with netcode, however if points of interest are marked I don’t see the issue.
Quintuple that double.
So what are peoples thoughts on the travel system (Newtonian + warp) as it is implemented in the prototype?
I wonder if intercepting players while they travel between planets will be viable.
It’s really good. It takes a bit of getting used to, it’s very easy to overshoot your target. It’s also sometimes a bit surprising just how fast you can accelerate when not near a planet.
I think so, it just needs a mechanic to knock a ship out of warp due to proximity of another ship. There is already an intercept flight assist mode that should help with this. I’ve had a bit of a play with that but I’m not sure that its currently working properly (I could be doing something wrong).
All my manual flight practice in Elite 2 will finally be useful again 
Learning stopping distances is vitally importaint