Ok, I should have phrased that differently but I wanted to at least trust some information instead of questioning everything. Before I posted to accuse you I was hoping to either get a scan on any person that confirms that persons aligned either privately or publicly. I’m disappointed that this didn’t happen. But on the other hand, someone has at least put forward the number of wolves active during last night. As this Information isn’t as really as valuable as a confirmed wolf or human I just went forward and trusted it. Like people claim Cosmos was human, even though no one can confirm that with the certainty everyone would like either. I’m inclined to believe it but, as I said above, still not convinced.
By your own terminology above, we can’t know that.
Yes I actively killed Lucas, I started I, I accused him, he died, I lynched him and so on … but most others just stood there and let it happen, including you (you concentrated on grabbing the stuff from another dead body … by the way). I hoped that this accusation would create more discussion. Now seeing the numbers of alive wolves I guess I helped them take out a human. But that’s something that can happen with every lynch. Especially this early in the game.
Then I voted for you. You are still here … you may tell us you are human, but
Yesterday I refrained from voting because I couldn’t decide … but I said that already.
I’m waiting for Enginish to post, but I may well switch my vote to avoid another tie if required / the arguments for Kreydis are good enough. I think this is the day where it is decided whether the wolves win or the humans, depending on which “camp” we decide to trust.
Well seeing as I don’t see any reasonable way out of this situation without putting out all of my cards, I’ll toss them on the table.
The reason I voted for The_Sane during the whole Cosmos vs Enginish was the neither Cosmos or Enginish give any real reason for us to vote on them aside from the vague as heck statement of
I was protected, it was a trap!
from Cosmos. And during the whole debate picking 1 person over the other was more of a “Because I wanted to” Rather then a “It makes sense” type of crap. We don’t even know who was truly attacked, we don’t know who the vigilante is and unless they speak up and we figure out someone’s roles voting blindly is just going to kill more humans, because the wolves can easily have 4 votes on any given person should we believe we’ve not killed any of them (Or if there are in fact 4 wolves) Given what was left to go on, the fact that Cosmos voted for The_Sane the previous night, I’d assumed that The_Sane was still bitter about being voted on, (As he is with my case which a miscount is still a miscount which a lot of you have seemed to forget but using past games as reference have correctly assumed) I am the President, my vote counts for 2 during the day.
I went into the market with the intention of buying an alarm kit, which if someone were to open my door in the middle of the night without being welcomed I would be saved in a manner of speaking, the night from death. Losmor had no reason to trust me and even so still doesn’t but assume for one moment what I would gain from sleeping in the same cabin as someone (If it’s even possible via GM allowing it) if I died, Lomsor would be blamed and lynched, if Lomsor died, I’d be blamed and lynched if anyone knew we were in the same room. So using the excuse that He wanted to share the same room so he could kill me is really stupid and benefits very few people.
And time for some math, at the end of the day for the vote you’re all so angsty about the votes were (Before matt changed his mind last minute to a absolutely pointless change)
3 for Enginish
2 for Cosmos
3 for The_Sane (2 from me) but no one knew at the time I was worth 2, so it was 3, 2, 2.
So had Enginish not pulled a card which Proved his innocence via game mechanics it would’ve been a tie sadly. But Matt changed his vote to Enginish so it was 4, 2, 2. So the smart move if I Wanted to tie the vote would’ve been to switch my vote for Cosmos, but I didn’t. because someone needed to die. So it is MERE coincidence that I could not have foresaw, because none of us knew about the card besides Enginish. So to blame the tie entirely on me and pretend I foresaw everything is a waste of an assumption.
I believe that is everything, but if you want something more specific or detailed I’ll try to respond.
Also yes we can, because the next area is literally 2 days and no nights, so at the very least find out what effect Erilyn has before killing is all I’d ask.
I nearly got lynched for wanting a tie a few games back, apparently ties are bad for humans, so until something better comes up, I’m sticking to my vote.
I just want to make sure there’s not a misunderstanding here. The railway employee certificate Enginish produced just reduces the votes on him by 3, “proving his innocence” is just the gameplay explanation.
[quote=“Kreydis, post:246, topic:850”]
I’d assumed that The_Sane was still bitter about being voted on, (As he is with my case which a miscount is still a miscount which a lot of you have seemed to forget [/quote]
I’m not bitter… but do you expect me to see something that doesn’t makes sense at the time and just let it slide?
As long as I’m not lynched I don’t mind people voting for me because the more votes there are on the table then the easier it is to spot voting patterns / inconsistencies. You may not know this about me but I tend to avoid the knee jerk reaction of counter voting as it’s entirely pointless.
The reason the miscount was a factor in my decision making is because it had the unintended side effect of hinting that the vote manipulation was against me. Without your vote counting for double a miscounted extra vote on me or a vote less for Cosmos would both have resulted in a draw, but instead I was lynched. For me to have been mistakenly lynched without your vote counting for double martin would have had to have been pretty terrible at counting and get the tally for either me or Cosmos wrong by 2, which is quite unlikely.
So regardless of the fact that your vote counted as 2 why exactly did you vote for me? Because you assumed I was bitter? I don’t understand.
If there are 7 humans and 4 wolves, then this isn’t necessarily the defining day. That’d be tomorrow.
Martin is correct (duh) in wat he said about my item. It’s a one-time-use item that I bought at Redwater that removes 3 votes from myself. I tried to buy the security system Kreydis mentioned, but since that was $80, and since I had less than $80, I decided to buy something else.
If I couldn’t get night protection, then day protection was an acceptable choice. It cost me $40.
I’ve already told some people about the item, so they can back me up when I say I wasn’t going to try and keep this a secret.
Also, if Xamino is to be trusted (and I do trust what he says, provisionally) then Cosmos was a human. I don’t think there should be any more discussion as to whether he was a wolf or not, just discussion as to whether his plots and conclusions were valid (I maintain they weren’t).
Lastly, Lightspell Plains.
I’ll wait on the vote for now, pending more information and some careful thought.
I’ve poked Kreydis enough for my satisfaction. A double vote is not in itself indicative of being a wolf and while there is a chance that voting for me was an attempt to screw with the Enginish / Cosmos lynch vote I don’t think Kreydis is our best choice for today.
How about Noble instead?
Did you just admit to being a wolf? Lysk died to wolves and you say “we” killed him?
Innately it’s not, but under the stress of “Someone needs to die, we don’t know who’s causing it, shoot at random at minimal evidence until we win” takes place until we can get cohesive enough evidence to support 1 theory or another. Hence why the game is so stressful on a level of trust. Because even if you can prove something, it’s not truly proven because of misinformation confusing people. That and you’re not forced to tell the truth so everyone is theoretically out to get you.
I wanted to poke a couple of people before writing this up. As usual turnout has been disappointing. Oh well. To make the most of the upcoming double lynch and avoid losing the game I think we need to go into information sharing mode. So here goes…
I am The Chef, I poisoned King_Cosmos. (It was something he ate)
During the day the chef may prepare a poisoned meal for a player, that player will die the next night. Doing this requires a vial of poison.
On day 3 the way Cosmos was acting made him a bit of a wildcard and I was very concerned about him, while Enginish had done nothing visibly wrong in my opinion. Although a potentially useful human the only valid point Cosmos had to make against Enginish was the fact the wolf kill was blocked, which could have been coincidental or a manipulation. I didn’t really know where to stand so in order to avoid killing the “wrong” person my brilliant idea was that both should die… just to be safe. Lynch vote was on Enginish and so I poisoned Cosmos… and then the day ended.
Funny story: Because we both narrowly avoided the fallout from Enginish’s lynch protection Cosmos later messaged me to say he believed I was probably human. Little did he know I had already murdered him… yeah replying to that felt a bit awkward. He also explained his role to me, and it turned out that “wildcard” was a pretty accurate description of his role too.
Key points to note:
Copying was a daytime action. Enginish losing his role was a seperate event as he still had that overnight in order to scan me.
He copied the Vigilante role. He controlled the vigilante role. Unless Lucas was the real Vigilante then there were 2 protections active on night 2. Either way this opens up all sorts of possibilities.
Enginish knew the name of my role so the “thinks it was something he ate” was a bit of a giveaway. He seemed satisfied with my full disclosure but for security he had already passed his suspicion on to Cise.
Cise is the Grave Robber. He had taken the vial of poison from Lysk and attempted to use it on Enginish but supposedly had a change of heart and started talking to him. While the poison wasn’t completely ineffective I’m guessing the reason it wasn’t fatal was because Cise doesn’t have the appropriate role.
Aquila is supposedly The Conductor. She admitted this to Cise who has passed it onto a couple others. The Conductor is reportedly the person that confiscated Enginish’s role so I don’t know why she would admit this to anyone. I get the sense that she and Cosmos were cooperating, but I don’t understand why she would confiscate Enginish’s role so early in the game and then leave us to try and figure out if Enginish is telling the truth about his role being stolen.
[sent from Cise to Enginish, relayed to me]:
Ok. It may be a long shot, but chug all the holy water you have and tell martin your going to pray to what ever god you have. It could save your life. Aquilla is the conductor, who, for whatever reason just admitted to me.
Cybercritic is supposedly another poisoner. If he didn’t know that I poisoned Cosmos I don’t know why he would admit this to me so easily. The reason he trusts Aquila is because he supposedly poisoned Skyentist, Aquila and Cosmos knew about this so if they were wolves then Skyentist wouldn’t have been murdered overnight. Acting as if I didn’t know who killed Cosmos I asked why I should trust him, and why he targeted Skyentist.[quote=“cybercritic, post:3, topic:928”]
I poisoned Skyenist on suspicion that he gave the wolf potion to Aquila, and I’m pretty sure that a wolf gave that potion to her and that it is in fact poison.
[/quote]
Aquila has so far failed to respond and provide corroboration, or give me a reason for why Cybercritic should be trusted.
Well, Martin had a change of heart and decided not to reveal that Skyenist was in fact poisoned. He suggested that a “medic” or whoever can dissect bodies would be able to confirm that Skyenist was poisoned. If this was to be done, I think that it would show with enough certainty that I am human.
I posted this now because I don’t want to spend the next day asking for details, I want to spend it questioning them. If others follow suit with their own “info dumps” before (or at) the start of the next day then maybe we’ll be able to ask the right questions and have a more productive day than we usually do. I’m hoping not to get stuck on a single topic.
Another option I’ve considered is purging a few of the quiet / inactive people. While we may have enough information to make a few judgement calls I reckon there is a wolf or two that we know absolutely nothing about. Removing 1 today and another 2 tomorrow could easily net us a kill. Topper isn’t the only candidate but as an example he hasn’t voted on a lynch since day 1.