Lysks last theory pointed at Topperfalkon, Lomsor and Skyentist as the most likely wolves and he was convinced they were going to try and lynch him today… I guess not.
8 players. 3 Wolves. 1 bad lynch and a night kill and we lose. So is it time to lay our cards on the table?
It is true that after yesterdays lynch turned out to be staff I was swayed to believe that Lysk actually used us …
I actually was very sceptical of his intention when it turned out that Cosmos wasn’t either staff nor infiltrator. It all felt much too convenient going from what he claimed and did bet on the previous day. Especially seeing how locked and certain he was that Cosmos had to die.
But yesterday was just too much. It could have been that Hollifers role really did match that description from that site. But her description also sounded quite plausible. It came to just believing one side. I gave him one more chance and chose not to open up with my suspicion, even though there was quite a pile of signs pointing in that direction.
I strongly believed he either was part of another faction that had a strict order to eliminate a certain player, Cosmos. Or a regular infiltrator.
Turns out he was no Infiltrator. He may still have been part of another party and yesterdays attempt was him trying to advance the game after completing his primary goal. He is dead now though, and took all his contacts and information with him …
I have no idea why he was suspecting me. Just because I hinted at him I didn’t find the outcome of the lynch on day one acceptable? Up until yesterdays lynch I was quite cooperative. What I should kick myself for is not taking the initiative and reaching out for people more. I relied much to much on him leading the game. I sure hope some form of group formed that inherited some of the information.
End of day 3 I wished I had put a vote down earlier on Ovog before the lynch was a forgone conclusion. Try and get him talking a bit more. I guess I’ll open up today with Lomsor and see how this develops.
If you think so …
I stand quite naked right now as I prepared to face off against Lysk. Guess I’m glad it didn’t came to it. I wouldn’t have achieved anything more than he did. I agree though that action has to be taken.
I will follow my general feeling on who might and might not be a wolf. This is generally based on activity as well as plausibility of relationships.
I believe Ovog has successfully integrated as low key but still trusted staff player. I think such positions are much more likely to be taken be wolves. This combined with his posting behaviour leads me to believe, but much more feel, that he is secretly working against us, that he is an infiltrator.
Some questions I want to throw out there: Why did the infiltrators chose to murder Lysk? Him being so active networking is quite likely to be protected or at least have access to protection? Did he anticipate being targeted during today and thus was quite sure would not be targeted during the night? Who did know of this?
Cybercritic requested I stay for a bit longer though I am busier than earlier - there is a lot to digest. Me and Cyber are tag teaming for now. Any PMs should be to both of us and we will jointly agree most of the key things we say.
I really want to hear actual substance from Skyentist, Nafen and Ovog.
After barely getting any sleep and then being in contact with tech support for my internet for hours this morning, I was fast asleep by the time the Day started in-game. Now I’m back, yet with super slow connection speed and unreliable and unstable connection so my visits to the forum may be delayed and less frequent unfortunately.
Last night, I messaged Ovog in the hopes that I could heard his line of defense for the following day as I believed he would be the next up in line for lynch votes. I wanted to hear the defense (if any) early and give him plenty of time to speak his piece since I feel the lynched players thus far had either been way too late to defend themselves or didn’t really try to defend themselves in the first place (as well as seemingly giving up on playing).
The previous day I had the misfortune of forgetting what day it was, and headed to bed on the second half of the day phase without having casted a lynch vote. Thinking there was around 36 hours left in the day when there was actually only around 16 hours. To prevent myself from making the same mistake I’m going to vote early on, just know that this is subject to change if Ovog actually says something in defense. If not, and it turns out to be another member of staff we’re lynching then I may just say ‘fuck it’ and hope that the next game has less good guys yearning to be lynched :\
I really didn’t expect Lysk to be targeted by the wolves. I mean, sure, he had fingers in everyone’s ears and hands in everyone’s pockets…wait that doesn’t sound right. What I mean to say is he was the main aggressive force in the game and had contact with everyone, obviously this would make him a prime target for the wolves but surely they would have killed him sooner? I think the only reason he lasted this long was that from the beginning he proved to be very effective at getting members of staff lynched.
Not too long into the game and he had already accused KingCosmos and got on his case. It turns out that KingCosmos wasn’t staff, but he wasn’t a wolf either. Maybe he was a role that we could have worked with, but jubbahey and hollifer definitely were staff.
It seemed that following in his wild goose chases was working to the wolves’ favour but now it seems they decided he outlived his usefulness. I’m hoping that we can actually form some sort of coherent group today as it definitely seems time is running out.
Like I said, last night I PMed Ovog hoping that he would be able to formulate a defense BEFORE the start of the Day phase so we would have plenty of time to discuss it and wouldn’t be wasting most of the day phase arguing amongst each other and wondering if or when the defense is coming. He replied with something along the lines of ‘oh I talked to Lysk and Noble so now everything is cool’ Well I’m still not convinced Ovog.
I’m not sure what substance you want but I’ll give you my thoughts
I want to address why I think why lysk thought me suspicious. I didn’t vote for a lynch yesterday and reminded me as much last night. Ill give you all the same explanation I gave him and granted it’s pretty weak. I realized too late in the day that I hadn’t voted due to distractions in life. I decided that last a meaninglessness last minute on someone else besides hollifer just to look like I’m voting looks more suspicious than not voting at all. Damned if i do and damned if i dont.
I was ready to gather my pitch forks and light my torches to mob lysk today. He pmed at least myself and topper last night asking for my role. First, Did he pm anyone else?
Given the circumstances of lynching 2 humans(ish) in a row and 1 with a particularly powerful ability to stay alive against the roles I thought he was a wolf. Guess I was wrong. I declined to share my role with him, gave him my reasoning, told him that topper and lomsor were my top suspects, and that was my interaction with Lysk for the night.
Topper I would love to hear your defense when you get the chance.
Lomsor I don’t know why lysk suspected you, but I suspect you and topper because you are both particularly experienced players but have been hiding in the shadows posting little discussion the last 2 days. Maybe you have been more active in pm’s but I haven’t been privvy to that until last night with topper. Though you 2 aren’t the only ones guilty of this, you are the most experienced and if you are human I expect you to be able to explain your thought process on why.
I’m on the fence about topper right now because he made a very interesting comment about how we should be very suspicious of lysk in the morning should he still be alive. That seems like a weird thing for a wolf to say when they’re about to kill someone. The only reason to go through the trouble to project suspicion on someone they’re about to kill is so they don’t have to act on it in the morning, but topper was right and lysk was the biggest player in the game for getting humans killed so it’s a valid concern.
For now I’m voting to lynch Lomsor until I hear a defense.
I didn’t vote because I was on the fence between whether I found Noble or Lysk more suspicious and didn’t mentally resolve that in time to vote. Day end taking place in the middle of my working day didn’t particularly help either, and I was also distracted by other RL events on that day. Lysk has done a terrible job at leading the lynch bandwagons, and probably qualifies as an honorary wolf at this point. Regardless, clearly my suspicions about him were unfounded, and he just had a run of bad luck and unfortunate judgement.
The game until now has been very different from others I have played in the past and I think I am not the only one feeling this way. Lysk had a huge impact on how I played and interacted with others. Like I mentioned before I have hugely neglected bonding with people and just trusted Lysk to involve me when the time comes.
Look the thing you are accusing me is my playstyle, it didn’t change a lot since I first played a wolf game here on these very forums. I am generally quite passive and orient myself on what is happening as well as the information that is presented by other players.
What I also do is go by my feelings when it comes to honing down on wolves. I find myself being able to see behind what I call “first level theories/reactions” and probe out how likely all other theories are by not focusing down on specific things people did but the general change of mood and situation in time.
Even though it is a subjective thing I don’t really see the argument of “staying in the shadows” apply to me. I always tried to describe my thought process for taking the action I did take. What I did not and am willing to admit is drive progress. I just didn’t see a whole lot I could do. Even though I participated in quite some wolf games I do not have the experience in playing an active role. At least I don’t think I have.
It’s your right to believe that I actively chose to stay back and not use my full skillset.
I believe that I did use my full skillset and tried to do my best with the style I have.
Like mentioned above it sadly really didn’t work out to play this way. I felt next to no ambiguity in what people said up to this point. Especially yesterday there was nothing I could grab hold of that would have allowed me to decide with which side I should side. There was quite an overwhelming and, weirdly enough, complete amount of information that was in a quite determined state. Either one side is all lies. Or the other was all lies. And no real opposition.
Meanwhile the infiltrators probably were happy to just sit there.
Speaking of experience. I just noticed how in this game the lead lynch vote never changed drastically to another person. I remember how drastic vote change was used in the past to lure out the wolves.
I consciously held myself back not to spill the extend of suspicion I had towards Lysk in order to not get myself killed during the night.
What do you mean by that? That it was revealed to you that I am quite active in PMs? Not really. I reached out to Hollifier when she made that comment but nothing else much.
So are we getting something from Mr. Ovog today? I’m on my phone currently and it’s hard to check the forums what with how hot it is today, my phone is literally overheating
I didn’t post this sooner because I’ve been kind of waiting to see if someone makes a move.
Lysk was a big loss. Not so much because his theories were good, but because he was one of the few people I knew for a fact to be human. I am the Guardian Angel. If I attempt to protect an infiltrator I die. Night 2 I protected Lysk and confirmed he was human. Early game I thought this was kind of OP (GA + seer (+ potential death)), but after only a few nights its already at a stage in the game where I dare not risk protecting anyone I do not already 100% trust, for fear of killing myself.
A big concern for me is TerranAmbass. Lysk trusted him because Enginish trusted him and he was the jailor and was willing to follow his lead, but I can’t help but think a wolf would do the same. Lysk had his reasons for wanting hollifer locked up again but after her deleted post claimed she was immune to wolf attack and then later claimed that she was also a protector, a wolf would have just as much reason to lock her down.
Having 2 protector roles is fine, but the Jailor role apparently has 2 “lives” as well. If Terran dies it is inherited by Noble/critic. I don’t see being able to lock people down as inherently human, the protection from attack in the night is less useful to a wolf but there was the assassin, and it has other uses too. For me Terran takes the top spot as potential wolf for the simple reason that he did not die last night. Maybe Lysk took priority for whatever reason but going by Terrans posting history he has had little input apart from day 1, when he volunteered to collect information, which is not exactly a redeeming quality.
It could be the other way round, Terran is human and Noble/critic is a wolf. As I said Lysk may have taken priority for some reason. Nobles line of questioning which I initially took to be the sort of “grasping at straws” questioning only a human would think of, was actually targeted at finding the identity of the jailor.
Well, before we start jumping on bandwagons, I just wanna say that Sane is correct about our role, we are to inherit the role of Dr No if he dies. It was always suspect to me why a simple Jailor would have a backup and thought that Terran was certainly hiding something. We have known the identity of Dr No since last game day and I assure you if we were a wolf, Terran and his role would have been in our hands the following night.
Terran has proffered very little to the game bar locking up Lysk the misguided’s suspects.
The one possible compelling line of defense though is that still Sane lives despite revealing his powerful role to both us (me and cyber) and to Terran… Perhaps that would have left Lysk too suspicious though?
It was stated in the group thread I was likely going to protect myself. Initially this was a misdirect so I could “scan” Terran without getting attacked in the night but ended up being the truth.