The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Dont you put that on me, Ricky Bobby!

Can I just say that like, ninja edits like 40 posts up from where the current posts on are kind of lame, I mean I understand that like its a legal thing to do currently, but its not really in the spirit of the game. I mean the its pretty much impossible in games like this to go back and check constantly to make sure people did what they said they did. I mean if we are saying this is a space ship and we are all arguing with each other, you wouldnt be able to just like go back in time and change how you voted or whatever, anyways I feel like it isnt really fair to the other players like that. Not that it would have made a difference in any of the games weve played so far, but it really ought to be something looked at it in future iterations of the rules.

There was a lot of discussion during the day, and we are already up into the 560 range of posts(!), so there was a serious information overload on both sides, which I thought was great actually, and I dont think repair votes should be secret or at night or whatever. I think though that the names of the systems should either be more relevant to their purpose, OR, each player should start with information about a system, or even as a member of said system at the start.

I also dislike RNG in general, it takes away from the sneaky plans that people can come up with, and in general is just annoying. I mean, like the MedBay going down to asteroids was pretty lame when it could have been used, etc, things that couldnt be predicted were happening in a game that was already so crazy. It made certain things hard for the humans, but could have hindered either side just as easily, and thats really kind of the reason why Im against RNG in the beginning, is that it can go either way but its in control of no one, so its just luck based, which isnt really in the spirit of TWG, which is about analysis, logic, deceit, and paranoia.

Seconding this.

2 Likes

I vote next game goes back to the original wolf game style, however, everyone has some sort of role. Seer, medic, fighter, jailer, assassin, etc ( NO MASONS ) No complicated shenanigans.

I absolutely agree, when the final wolf plan revolved around ninja edits I thought the same but it’s not against the rules, so I didn’t stop it this time. Next time I think I’ll completely ban editing past posts.

I think those two are mutually exclusive :stuck_out_tongue:

I would actually quite like to do a game where everyone has a special role, but I don’t think it’s likely I can come up with 17 roles without at least one being overcomplex, overpowered or useless!

Last time I tried the vampires to try and give roleless players (the ones most likely to die) a second chance with a pretty interesting role. Obviously this turned out to be a little… controversial.

This time the idea of systems was that no one is intrinsically special and so everyone gets a chance to have a special ability.

Next time I’ll try [redacted] :wink:

3 Likes

The main motivation to not do this is that people will notice the next day, and then you will be lynched. it’s really only good for final pushes near the end of the game. But i do see your point. A simple rule for this would be that a changed vote requires a new post.

i wouldnt go as far as making all edits against the rules though if theres no vote involved, especially since this forum has version history for edits for anyone to see.

1 Like

Banning votes entirely means I just need to keep an eye out for the edit symbol when tallying up the votes. If I allow edits, then I have to check the diff for every single edited post which contains a vote - it takes me long enough to tally up the votes as it is!

1 Like

Killed on the first night, you call this a wolf game? :hankey:

2 Likes

Oh come on…

Propulsion PMs:

And they did as Enginish asked.

ā€œWhere were you, Charles!!!.. You abandoned us all!ā€

Enginish voted for NobleBrutus with a good argument, then switched to Skyentist without an argument.

I expected more from a confirmed human that supposedly analysed the whole thread.

Wolves acted like real humans. Skyentist voted to lynch me twice with good arguments, well done you acted like a human. When Enginish first died I expected a bandwagon to form on me. I guess LucasFIN only made a threat, because he was scared that he would be blamed for the death of a human for voting first.

But I so hate Real Life Issues excuse, it makes you doubt any conclusions you want to make.

Also trying to stay alive makes it hard to work together, As expected Lysk died for pulling his head out.

Martin, great work hosting, how can you even keep up with this is astonishing.

3 Likes

Nice game. Extreme well played by everyone. All my shots misfireds … next would have been Pendrokar … great. Welp.

I really like the systems … system. It was fun and engaging.

Information overload was real! We have threads were we reached this amount of posts in half a year and here we pull it off in … weeks.

Would be on board with both Neptunes Pride and Minecraft Wolf Game. But not on the Forums. That flood of posts and those sneaky wolfs … man, need a break.

The assumption being that unless Ark was a wolf the known human would be targeted overnight. If Enginish took part in absolutely none of the voting then any names generated in a bug report on him would be that of the wolves voting to kill him.

In case some people haven’t realized why Matt notified Sane of me being a wolf, it was to get them all to vote in the Power Grid to block EC. By being active in the Power Grid they could be taken out with the Structural Integrity Field:

In an act of sheer desperation you may disable the structural integrity field in part of the ship, any external damage will critically damage the system and kill all players interacting with the system (voting for anything other than inaction or repairing).

And I suppose the PDA provided the external damage to that mix.

Other than hearing that the crew quarters was a complicated seer-like role nobody’s ever told me what it actually did or how it worked? (And what the result of using it on me was? Or the purpose of the Enginish vote last night?)

1 Like

And they’re still on the list if the action was blocked.

My info sheet for night 4:

Oh… and another point: ā€˜Sabotage’ was a bit vague. My assumption was that it was a wolf action. It might have become more apparent if Pendrokar had clarified on what SG was actually attempting to block.

That’s a good point, I’m not sure any player ever actually figured out exactly what sabotage was. It’s anything that prevents a system from functioning ā€œproperlyā€. So for example the point defence array is meant to shoot down debris, shooting at the ship hull requires sabotaging the system (so the SG would block that). For another example, the engines are meant to provide 1G continuous thrust, anything which prevents that is sabotaging the function of the engines.

I guess I really should have used the word sabotage in my descriptions of system actions to indicate this…

Oh… so you would have to use SG on the system doing the action? Not the system that was targeted.

Right… that’s a very vague seer role indeed.

If it could somehow cover all pms then it would be powerful.

Nice data sheet by the way - I should try keeping one of those next time.

That was a one time thing made to help try and explain any unexpected names that got generated from a report, as well as find a suitable target that had as few expected names (that weren’t us) as possible.

On that one both Pendrokar and Cosmos showed up, and through Enginish I found out that EC had apparently targeted PG during the night. The fact that EC had already been blocked by Prop didn’t matter, the PG guys names still got generated. Prop blocking EC was at my request. In addition to wanting to prevent a multikill I did this because both Matt and Ark were going to be on the report regardless, so having them act to block it wouldn’t ā€˜pollute’ the report (Pendrokar was asked to abstain because of ā€œreasonsā€).

Oh great… Then humans always used it incorrectly.

When I was alone in SG I used it on SG, even though there was no sabotage function for it.

1 Like

So I was killed because I was an unimportant player and my death wouldn’t bring any information.

I can see that, yup. :sweat:

Great game, nicely played! I’d never thought it would end like this, but then I only ever knew of how one subsystem works. The wolves have an immediate advantage in that case because distributing themselves across many systems allows them to share a lot of information that the human’s lack.

2 Likes

GG! Didn’t really have enough time to participate enough in this one though:(

1 Like

Reading the aftermath gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :smile:

I’m up for another game soon or a Triton game. :wink: