The old contributions topic!

Yes, but the Scythe is just a Cyclon Raider rip-off, let’s be honest

Not sure, this kind of winged fighter existed before the BSG remake. I can think of the Shroud from Starlancer, for example.
Anyone knows where this design first appeared?

Crescent ships aren’t a new thing http://orig08.deviantart.net/fcae/f/2014/068/c/b/centauri_sentri_ortho__update__by_unusualsuspex-d79huwe.jpg
This is a Centauri Sentri from Babylon 5 circa 1993-4

Don’t the vanduul raiders look just like that too?

If you must know I ripped it off from Phaser Patrol (1982)

; )

3 Likes

Hmm… All those ships… They are shaped like 3s… Could it be because 3 is such a simple and elegant shape? Or could it be…?
…
Half-life 3 confirmed!

2 Likes

Just found this on an old external harddrive, was Timmon’s old Marauder class transport ship from when he was challenging the ‘boxy’ star-fold look with trusses and antennae and such. Was still a long way off being finished modelling when I gave up working on it.

Makes me wonder if the skycrane station from the prototype would have been shouted down on the old forums for looking too low-tech.

8 Likes

There are definitely some unique, very detailed and highly interesting ship designs here. Very inspiring…

2 Likes

Some of my favourite ships from the old contributions forum all in one render:

10 Likes

The front 3rd of another of Timmon’s old cargo ship concepts:


I always loved that mix of angled flat slabs and spherical and cylindrical shapes.

4 Likes

Stahp - you’re making me feel old!

1 Like

Searched my photobucket space and found the Spruance destroyer. ->



top and bottom view are a bit … odd shaped :sunglasses:



But- here it is with it’s giant sister. The Trireme ->

8 Likes

Awesome find! I remember dat nose on the Trireme. :smiley:

Also, yay for blender. :wink:

The Trireme was among my favourite ship designs…

1 Like

Someone remembers who did the Trireme? As for the concepts they were drawn by Paragon if I remember right and the Trireme was given me just for a size comparism render with the Spruance.

Anyway…
@juanmanuelsanch @NavyFish

Anyone more Cuttles?



Oh man. I’d really love to jump in and have a race or dogfight.

7 Likes

Continuing the thread spamming with my old contributions, I found another one frigate class ship ->



and just for information - there are two hangars in the middle of the back

Details


5 Likes

Another Frigate ->




and the data sheet ->

6 Likes

Back flooding with pictures…

Today I have for you an old concept of a space station where I started with my really awesome paint skills ^^



isn’t it a great peace of art?

When it turned into a 3d model, I was surprised how cool an something like 70`th style space station does look.

For scale I placed an 1.8m average human model directly in front of the hangar. It just appears like a dot ->


Inside the not finished hangars->

more shots->



small animation (not sure if it works here) ->

9 Likes

@kaiyoti never did upload them to SoundCloud. And the webhost is offline

Perhaps because he released it as a fully fledged album on “cdbaby” music publishing website and didn’t bother to tell anyone. Feared perception of shameless self-promotion?

IMHO, noteworthy tracks in order:

  • Main Suite Version 1;
  • Main Suite Version 2;
  • Overture;
  • Other - Galactic Conflict (Ft. Sablade);
  • Corporation - Colonial Republic Theme;
  • Faction - Star Fold Confederacy;
  • Faction - Circle of the Empyreal;
  • Faction - Deltan Federation;
3 Likes