At $299 touting Auto calibration, levelling and 50-350 micron layer resolution, is this too good to be true? And is this the future?
Currently it’s at 84k over $3 million in funding.
Printer Dimensions: It’s a cube, 7.3 in (185 mm) per side.
It is lightweight, roughly 2.2 lb (1 kg).
It can also be used with any Windows, Mac, or Linux based system.
Supports many different materials: ABS, PLA, Nylon, and more.
Filament: standard 1.75mm. Nearly 1/2 lb (225 g) rolls.
Standard filament rolls also supported.
Removable Print Bed.
50-350 micron layer resolution.
15 micron X and Y positioning accuracy.
Dimensions: Print height: 116mm (4.6"). Base Print Area: 109mm x 113mm. Print Area Above 74mm: 91mm x 84mm.
M3D software for an effortless, plug-and-play experience.
Supports and uses open source software (for advanced users).
M3D has introduced many innovations in the field of filament-based 3D printing with the introduction of The Micro:
- Most space-efficient 3D printer ever made.
- Light-weight, portable design fits nicely on your desk.
- Micro motion chip provides completely automatic leveling and calibration.
- Most quiet 3D printer ever made.
- Lowest power consumption 3D printer ever made.
- Carbon fiber rods: light, sturdy, self-lubricating and long-lasting
- Ceramic heater for rapid heat-up, power efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Bold colors. Choose from Silver, Black, Blue, RedOrange, and Green.
- New filament materials like Chameleon PLA.
- Inspirational Micro filament spools.
- Modernized touch-capable software.
- Replaceable print beds for alternative materials.
- Replaceable nozzles for experimenters.
- Designed for fast assembly in the US for quality control.
- An ABS-based print bed allows you to print larger ABS parts.*