Steam Group ‎‏ ‎‏ ‎‏

If you look at the current Steam group, you could actually call it pre-Old Guard, most of those members are some hardcore ~2008 ITQFE forum warriors. Some of the names on there prompt flashbacks…

1 Like

We certainly should have a general community group so new people have another place to join, talk, and get to feel involved.

I just don’t see why you can’t also have an old guard, or an axis, or whatever other corporation group that you might’ve created over the years.

1 Like

Fossil guard

You can, but I just don’t like the idea of an exclusivity group based on “I was here first” principals.

4 Likes

There is nothing to stop anybody making a private or public steam group, value of the group comes from its members, the current one has ~170 people in it, some of them were as much of addicts as we are now. :wink:

1 Like

Its a steam group? Would it be different if we said it was just a group where people who know each other can talk about random things/the game in private and not in public?

I’m not trying to be hostile or anything or maybe I’m misunderstanding, but its just a user made steam group at that point. You could call it anything and invite anyone you want. I am sure some people will create skilled pilots only groups on steam and I won’t be insulted when I’m not invited…

1 Like

I’ve seen many a “Offical” / non-offical fan group go at eachothers throats. So in general I don’t like the idea of fan created groups. Not to say it’s a bad thing, but to many problems for me to want to even handle or even look at. So I’m just going the route of “If you’re going to make it, keep it private.”

You still planning on updating the Steam group @Hutchings?

1 Like