Amazing picture! The other pictures even show the nitrogen rich atmosphere!
Hmmph!
Looks like when Discourse creates a local copy of the image it adjusts the intensity. Compare:
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/nh-apluto-mountains-plains-9-17-15_0.png
https://inovaestudios.blob.core.windows.net/forumsavatars/3823084921fb75762d82c55f028841a8148ba7cd283f.png
Edit:
Ok this is a known issue with an easy fix. Posted here:
[quote=“hrobertson, post:102, topic:31”] … click to expand quote …
[/quote]
Rosetta, a picture taken from the Earth.
Thanks now I don’t have to post mine. 
Saw this and startet dreaming about I:B :3
A cache of more than 8,400 high-resolution photographs taken by Apollo astronauts during trips to the moon is now available for viewing and download.

Article: http://www.planetary.org/blogs/jason-davis/2015/20151002-apollo-astronaut-photos-flickr.html
I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t post ‘joke’ content in this thread, especially when it has to do with religion. Stick to space pictures.
Ya that.
Why doesn’t that^ count as ten?
In what way are you comparing them?
I thought I’d try replicating the shot in game:
![]()
From the same distance of 54,000 km on the unilluminated side of the belt at an angle of about 45°.
The resolution is about 134m per pixel - 2.5 times sharper than that Cassini photo.
The severe difference is obviously because the in-game belt is about 2km wide. Saturn’s A ring, of which that photo shows a small part, is 14,600km wide.
If we got rid of the 2D belt ‘sprite’ and upped the rocks’ draw distance to a few 100kkm, I doubt it would even be visible at 10kkm.
It’s not my intention to criticise the engine, just point out the difference.
Looking forward to a Saturn-sized planet & rings in the future!
Scaled up sprite doesn’t count 
I acknowledge that sprites will always be necessary, but I hope it’ll get to the point where they’re not obvious and the transition works. Hopefully we’ll get some nice reference images from Cassini before it crashes.
Well, you wouldn’t just want a replica of our solar system would you? Although a couple ringed worlds would be excellent 
I love these pics ! I use this as my icon at the SpaceEngine web site.![]()