But energy weapons are most effective against shields and kinetic is best against armour, so I want to keep hammering with energy weapons until the target’s shields go down, then switch to kinetic.
In my short session yesterday I found I rapidly ran out of energy, and my style is very much to snipe at the lead indicator, not rapid fire at all.
I think the energy/heat system should prevent players from simply spamming their weapons, but if it’s annoying players who are shooting conservatively then that’s too much.
I think the boost should be on it’s own energy supply.
Here’s my two credits regarding too many bars/meters and general tidying:
- I think there’s no need for the speed bar when we have the numeric readout.
- As has been said before, there is no need for the numbers of the shield, armour and energy. Recharge rates can be shown as a percentage.
- The energy, heat, shield and armour bars can start really transparent and get more opaque based on their value.
- When segmented shields are implemented that display will have to be redesigned anyway.
- There’s no need for the Altitude readout unless you’re within say 200% of the altitude of the atmosphere, or you have a planet targeted.
- Heat can be displayed by colouring the weapon (top left) rather than as a bar.
- Get rid of the ⌜⌞⌝⌟ corners around the weapons.
- Change the P, S, M to 1, 2, 3.
- Make all icons positives, not negatives. Eg currently the following icons are positives: Shield, Armour, Speed, Energy, Heat, Power. And these are negatives: P, S, M, Chaff, Assist, Credits.