Rocketry General Thread

By my calculation, this still leaves a few years to Art Really Hard to make his favorite list. But i am no artist so i wont join that particular quest. :smiley:

1 Like

There are a whole bunch of unmanned missions to the moon in the near future so we will certainly be more familiar with the moon by 2023.

Seconding this.

That’s exactly how I felt and reacted as well. I was completely surprised and I don’t think they could have picked a better type of mission. I’m really looking forward to the entire mission and the subsequent art that comes out of it. The exhibit after the fact will be incredible.

1 Like

I agree but I think there will be a lot of pressure on the artists to produce something amazing which could be unproductive. If I were one of the artists I think I’d want to cut myself off for a while after returning.

Also, with so much pressure I imagine it’d be tempting to plan what they might do before the trip rather than just waiting to see how they are inspired.

3 Likes

Europe’s Ariane-5 rocket primed for 100th flight - bbc

1 Like

Why Next Generation Rockets are Using Methane - Scott Manley discusses

A graph I cooked up comparing different L/D and Ballistic coefficients for BFS hypersonic reentries(Only valid between mach 5-25, no refunds).

Legends are weird but colours are different L/D ratios and line types are different ballistic coefficients.

5 Likes

SpaceX’s Spectacular Twilight Launch of SAOCOM - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

Astronauts escape malfunctioning Soyuz rocket -BBC

Scott Manley discusses

3 Likes

Scott Manley demonstrates and discusses.

1 Like

Scott Manley updates on - Soyuz, Hubble, Chandra & Kepler Updates (Recovering, Fixing, Fixed, Probably Dead)

1 Like

In Flight Camera Shows Damaged Sensor Destroyed Soyuz Rocket - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

Mars Insight, Astra, SpaceX & More Updates - Scott Manley discusses

3 Likes

Deep Space News - Soyuz, SpaceX & OSIRIS REx - Arrival and What’s Next - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

SpaceX Rocket Loses Control After Successful Launch - Scott Manley discusses

4 Likes

SpaceX’s Water Landing Reveals Rocket “Secrets” (or, What We Learned from CRS-16) - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

Why is Scott Manley resorting to click-bait?

3 Likes

I found the video interesting as I’ve never seen in the top section like that.

1 Like