Rocketry General Thread

1 Like

Floating robot Cimon sent to International Space Station via SpaceX - bbc

An experimental robot with an animated cartoon face has been sent to the International Space Station (ISS) on board a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket

3 Likes

kill it with fire

Yes, I know what fire does in a space station. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Obligatory I’m afraid I can’t do that Hal

5 Likes

/sarcasm_on

That sounds like a really good idea.

/sarcasm_off

Someone show these guys some sci-fi! :joy:

2 Likes

Some you win, and some you don’t!

Crash and burn. Watch Japanese entrepreneur’s unmanned rocket launch end in a huge fireball

Scott Manley discusses

1 Like

Indian Space Agency’s Human Spaceflight Ambitions - Scott Manley discusses.

1 Like

New BFR info in a month.

1 Like

Why Can’t we Remake the Rocketdyne F1 Engine?

3 Likes

Astra - ‘Stealth’ Rocket Startup Testing Boosters In Silicon Valley - Scott Manley discusses

4 Likes

What Is The Most Powerful Rocket Motor? - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

What SpaceX & Falcon 9 Can’t Do Better Than Alternatives - Scott Manley discusses

3 Likes

Why Rocket Exhausts Look The Way They Do - Scott Manley discusses

3 Likes

Why Atlas Is Using Dual Engine Centaur For Starliner - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

The First Privately Funded Launch Vehicles - Conestoga & Percheron - Scott Manley talks about

Iridium Flares Are Disappearing From The Skies - Scott Manley tells us

2 Likes

SpaceX Have Redesigned The BFS & Found a Passenger. - Scott Manley discusses

2 Likes

ICESat: Space will get unprecedented view of Earth’s ice - bbc

The American space agency has launched a laser into orbit to measure the condition of Earth’s ice cover.

Announcement is live now

1 Like

The presentation was definitely much more than I was expecting it would be. I was fortunate enough to be able to view it live, which added to the excitement of the experience.

The Updated BFS and BFR presentation was interesting and exciting as usual, and the renderings of the new system were icing on an already fluffy and delicious cake.

But as others have expressed in video reviews (Scott Manley among them) when Yusaku Maezawa’s presentation begain I was skeptical of his intentions… I definitely wasn’t expecting him to announce a global art project, for which he would be inviting 6-8 of his most beloved artists to join him on a journey of inspiration around the moon…

I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes, one of the most beautiful things that a planned return to the moon could be.

“They should have sent a poet…”

2 Likes