Unfortunately they don’t have the cash for it. The company(I forget the name) only has like 10 mil/yr in revenue and 150mil networth in assets…this was their big break. It really sucks for them.
The explosion appears to come from nowhere, too fast for frame by frame. I wonder if they have highspeed cameras running which can reveal more detail. @1.23 you see the Amos-6 payload fall down into the ground ball of fire and explode.
They most definitely do along with a suite of other sensors along the rocket. A great example of this was their ability to pinpoint the cause of the crs-7 failure by triangulating the data of 3 acoustic sensors to find the cause of the failure.
One day NASA and SpaceX and Blue Origin will move away from rocket motors. I wonder what the replacement will be and if anyone alive today will get to see that time. *frustrated futurist again
Actually this is a pretty good channel for videos.
Just read the news… Well that sucked. Although we got a pretty explosion.
You sure you weren’t watching live? 

Talking About The Space X Rocket Explosion
It’s like KSP, but more sad because of no Revert button.
Sucks hard - SpaceX was just speeding up many exciting things. I guess the X still stands for Explosions.
PS: Rockets always leave the pad. There is no rocket on the pad. The question is in how many pieces they leave the pad.
RIP Falcon 9.
Good bye tiny satellite. $285mill is not an insurance claim phone call I’d like to make
That launchpad is going to be bent for, what, a solid six months as a safe bet? So no launches until sometime next year?
And, is Iridium going to feel like ponying up for taking the risk while investigation is ongoing?
Something like that. The strong back is pretty messed up too. If we want to be optimistic, and assuming that the issue is a ground support (GSE) issue, then spacex is actually about to have slc-40 online. It was supposed to be used for commercial crew f9 and FH launches, but it now will probably be used to continue with normal commercial launches as well.
As far as Vandenberg launches go, again if it’s just a GSE issue and not a falcon 9 issue, then they just have to fix any faulty equipment at vandy then everything is good to go there. If it was a F9 issue then the delays will last longer.
It looked like vented oxygen ignition to me. The detonation was centered right on the vent, and the rocket structure above the flames doesn’t visibly move, suggesting to me that it didn’t start internal to the rocket. I would expect the top to shift immediately from an internal explosion. Sure looks like a ground support issue.
Disclaimer: I know precious little about fueling rockets
Wow you even see the payload come down an get completely obliterated. Bad luck SpaceX 
Really sucks for the company who wanted to get their sarellite up in space… Losing your precious satellite is one thing, it is another thing to lose it during a test, while the rocket doesnt even take off (or at least isnt supposed to) the ground…
I’m sure Facebook can afford another one 
Iirc facebook didnt actually built the satellite, they just rented (or maybe bought) some of the satellites networking capabilities for some african internet thing they’re doing.
I know, I was being facetious
It’s terrible luck for all parties involved. There just something I find gross about Facebook providing internet no matter how altruistic they are trying to be.
The satellite was built by an Israeli company and my understanding is that their insurance won’t cover the loss because it only kicked in if the rocket actually launched.