Rocketry General Thread

Bigelow Expandable Activity Module inflates tomorrow - delivered by spacex last month.

Followed by today’s follow up post:

ISS pump-up space podule refuses to engorge

Not off to a good start. Maybe the next try will be more successful after they find the fault.

2 Likes

They aren’t the only ones, SpaceX scrubbed today and they look to launch at the same time tomorrow(Friday).

Have NASA found the fault with the Bigelow inflation system yet.

There was a press conference earlier but I wasn’t home to listen in. I have no idea.

Related news: The launch is in about 50 minutes from now with weather at 60% go so we’ll see how that works out for us. They’ll start loading propellant at about T-30 minutes and will be a good indicator if SpaceX things they can sneak a launch through the weather.

I hope it is go this time, since tomorrow is Saturday this will be the first launch in a while I can watch live. :grin:

Nice live launch you have there. Shame if something happened to it. :grinning:

…

Seriously though… I need to see my first successful launch+landing live :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Barge ready!

EDIT: Is that an airplane downrange in the background? :airplane:

Also, I love the wildlife on the camera… :bug:

1 Like

Mosquito? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Woah, that was quite a bit of rotation on stage sep. :confused:

LIVE CAMERA OF STAGE 1 RENTRY! :smiley: EDIT: Aaaaand it’s gone…

EDIT2: Cool, we got to watch the reentry burn live! Now the camera is dirty…

EDIT3: Wooooah! Successful landing!

2 Likes

:sunglasses: Sexy

1 Like

Looks like everything went perfectly this time around, assuming the final insertion burn succeeds. Even though you were watching. :wink:

1 Like

The curse has ended.

… or has it? Turn in next time to find out! :ghost: :grin:

1 Like

The 1st stage re-entry HD video was very good to watch.

2 Likes

Oh and here I was thinking Lucas wasn’t watching.

The curse has ended!

Plop and it stood there.

3 Likes

So space…much landing…many hype.

8 Likes

@cybercritic @selbie beat me to it but here’s your video you asked for :stuck_out_tongue: probably doesn’t get better than this…

1 Like

I finally saw this one live. It is so fun when it works. I literally tuned in 2 minutes from launch after remembering that it was yesterday.

1 Like

How do those grid paddles work then on the 1st stage. Are they designed to just cause a little drag as the air flows thru them.

Yes. It allows for roll control by their gimballing. They were added after one of the first tested cores failed to restart due to fuel centrifuging on the tank walls.

1 Like