Perhaps celebrate with a profile pic? 
VideoFromSpace
Space.com is where humanity’s journey to new and exciting worlds is transmitted back down to Earth. Where we vicariously explore the cosmos with astronauts, ...
Perhaps celebrate with a profile pic? 
Waiting on getting one of falcon looking all perty landed on the barge 
SES 9 has been successfully deployed, but landing was a fail, as expected:
Well, until next time once again! 
EDIT: Thankfully LucasFIN didn’t cause anything this time. You’ve lost your touch!
Was just about to link this…
Oh well, it’s pretty awesome they got that close …ballastic trajectories through an atmosphere and supersonic transitions is pretty awesome
Without me you would have had a perfect landing!
The Anti-Barge missile system has passed an important development milestone and successfuly scored its first penetrating hit:
I linked that in discord last night! Didn’t think to post here 
Seeing those people on the barge target always puts it into perspective for me. They are essentially trying to land a semi-ballistic lighthouse onto a boat 
Nothing semi ballastic about it ! 
So even a controlled descent can be considered ballistic? I thought ballistic means it doesn’t have any control over its flight path after launch. Or am I thinking of powered flight like cruise missiles?
I thought about that exact point after I posted. I guess technically you are correct, however the most recent attempt was 99% ballastic until it hit atmosphere to use grid fins and retroburn to slow down.
Clear November in your diary: SpaceX teases first Falcon Heavy lift-off
SpaceX president - Gwynne Shotwell has confirmed that the company’s much-delayed Falcon Heavy rocket will blast off from Cape Canaveral in November.
“The Falcon Heavy will be the most powerful rocket on the planet, capable of lifting 53 metric tons of cargo into orbit and then landing back on Earth for reuse. The first flight had been scheduled for 2013, but design issues and SpaceX’s explosive Falcon 9 failure have set the launch date back.”
And also watched NASA SLS RS-25 engine test 10/03/2016: Space.com is where humanity’s journey to new and exciting worlds is transmitted back down to Earth. Where we vicariously explore the cosmos with astronauts, ...
YouTube
VideoFromSpace
SpaceX president - Gwynne Shotwell has confirmed that the company’s much-delayed Falcon Heavy rocket will blast off from Cape Canaveral in November.
The irony is that this statement is just another delay, and that November is by no means a guarantee of launch 
The Falcon Heavy will be the most powerful rocket on the planet, capable of lifting 53 metric tons of cargo into orbit and then landing back on Earth for reuse.
These are old and dated numbers that don’t provide an accurate depiction of the FH’s capabilities. The 53 mton payload was based off of fuel crossfeed. This is where fuel in the adjascent boosters is pumped back into the center core during flight. This effectively allows you to ditch your boosters early, and “launch” with a full center stack with altitude and velocity downrange. Fuel crossfeed is a difficult beast and I think they’ve shelved the idea for now.
The answer to why, is that with the recent upgrades to 1.1 and to using supercooled proppelent has allowed them to reach a (heavily speculated and rumored) payload of 60 mt to Low Earth Orbit. However, that’s only if you run both the boosters and the center core expendable. With the landing of the boosters at the landing site, and the center core down range on the barge, I believe the speculated payload to LEO is 20 mt which is still a hefty payload(on par with what the shuttle could carry)
More speculation, that I happen to agree with, is that the reason the FH continues to be delayed is that SpaceX really wants to stop throwing away first stage cores and that they are waiting to nail barge landings so they can demo FH and reuse the booster and center core for it’s first real launch.
The first flight had been scheduled for 2013, but design issues and SpaceX’s explosive Falcon 9 failure have set the launch date back.
CRS-7 was in June of 2015. I don’t think that failure pushed it’s launch back to 2015 from its original 2013 date in the first place
I think the reasons for delays have been the continuous upgraded F9 and now the desire to nail a barge landing.
Not sure if Instagram links come through here…I don’t even know how to save an image from it. Oh well…some second stagefuel tanks for you! Also a hidden FH nosecan in the back left.
Tanks for the repost 
Hey everyone, I know what you’re thinking!
shut up and quit posting in this thread!
You guessed it, it’s launch time! This Friday, April 8th! 4:43 EST, 1:43PST, and I apologise to the Europeans because I don’t know where UTC sits especially since DST just happened…is it +9? (From PST).
Anywho, static fire should be tomorrow(the 5th)…I’ll update later with links to the stream or you can scroll up ya lazy bums.
Fly safe!
DST Is really a pain in the ass 
https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/ says:
Launch time: 2043 GMT (4:43 p.m. EDT)
That would be 9:43 p.m. for Western European Summer Time and 10:43 p.m. for the Middle European Summer Time
DST Is really a pain in the ass
You don’t need to tell me. Google lied to me when I was testing out the prototype pre-ks and I was an hour late and missed it… Luckily the person after me did the same thing…