Rocketry General Thread

There’s no reason for a rud:) I can’t post from my laptop since I can’t logon to the forums from it for some weird reason. I think we’re going to see it launch right now

Please tell me Lucas isn’t watching it right now. Please, please, please.

1 Like

I think he is. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Is the youtube stream 25 seconds behind for anyone else or is that just because I’m viewing from Germany?

EDIT2: Too late to change, nobody spoil anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

They have a low latency option but I wouldn’t mess with it with 30s to go:)

1 Like

Woooooo!! Looking good so far! S2 always does her job well!

Let’s hope the 9g reentry for stage 1 goes well…if it does I’m hopeful for a successful landing.

Goddamn dishes

1 Like

Suspension :open_mouth: Did the landing go well?

I think it missed the target a little and broke the camera.

No word yet.

@redhead, the exhaust from a firing rocket engine is pretty intense and can easily knock a Sat dish out of alignment…this was expected.

Or was that all mighty Bermuda triangle ! :fearful:

They need to build a sturdier one instead of expecting a failure :wink:

Although it’s a good way to build drama.

1 Like

You have to keep in mind the dish is on a humble since the barge does rock side to side…so it has to adjust to keep it constantly pointed at a Geo Sat…if it knocked the gimbal off axis to the point where it can’t recover that’s not surprising to me.

So will it be possible to bring back the 2nd stage as well in the future?

Not with the current hardware. they’d have to switch to a more efficient propellent mixture and have a new engine designed to work with it…plus design an entire new s2 to have a shot of it working. Plus, every kg of weight used for landing hardware is kg off a potential payload to orbit. It’s possible but not likely.

1 Like

I need to stop posting since I’m on my laptop watching stream using my phone for a hotspot. Must conserve battery on the mountain!

1 Like

An obvious solution:

A separate camera boat further away.

A rocket blast proof GoPro camera.

Well that all seemed to go well. Some great HD streaming video.

The problem with the gopro is that you still have to physically go there to get the data:) the whole issue is that communication gets knocked out so it may take visual confirmation…orbthey are preparing a video to blow everyone away

PS thanks @inovaekeith !

1 Like

Welcome back from the 1 land :smiley:

1 Like

Feels good to be back!

1 Like

Better: RC boats that each have a camera and can relay the video streams outside of the keep out zone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome back Skyentist!

1 Like