Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

A small but seemingly important update in the case. LINK

1 Like

No, it was a response to a question/comment above. Also a reasonable response. Stop being a dick.

3 Likes

Chill. Continuously rehashing the same points and re-posting vids isn’t constructive to any discussion. Stop being a little bitch.

That’s the problem with people disliking DS, They keep saying he’s so wrong, but rarely ever show any proof that he actually is.
And yes he is wrong sometimes. And many of his posts are opinions and not facts.
But honestly, he does make some very good points sometimes. And he definitely was first to report on some things which did turn out to be true.
So I wouldn’t dismiss him so easily just because he’s so unlikable.

1 Like

QFT

Mentioning something that already happened to be mentioned in the past is not ā€œcontinously rehashing the same points and re-postingā€. He just showed that there is a video of literally what people describe happening. He didn’t even state anything about weather the contents of the video are supposed to show that SC is handling the discussed problem well or not. You literally called someone a troll for posting a reference. :joy:

I mean, try reading the discussion instead of just trying to trash people who disagree with you.
Starting to think the troll here is you.

2 Likes

Well, since we all simply ā€˜wildly speculate’ as he asserted, I guess we can simply go over everything again and again so we can reference the crap out of the thread and watch the pretty videos again. And yes, anyone who keeps posting how wonderful SC is despite the facts and regularly dismisses anything DS says could be called a troll. It really amazes me how silly some people are being here and don’t see SC fans trying to dominate forums; sadly its working and you only have yourselves to blame.

I’ll tell you what, when the usual suspects stop trashing DS - it’s almost a religion to them - then I’ll take them seriously. And now you want us to respect their objective opinions? Really? lol. I swear Topperfalkon, I thought you were smarter than that but apparently not…

It was a good read and interesting that DS doesn’t see a whole lot of merit in the case. Not exactly the evil doer out to get SC some would have us believe. Sounds to me SC will be able to ride this one out but hard to say.

I think SC is a scam, and DS is a moron.

I’m really curious how you think that you asking people to stop trashing DS is different from other people asking you to stop trashing SC. Who gets to decide who can trash what? :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with trashing something that warrants trashing, but if you are trashing EVERYTHING that is written or spoken then clearly there is bias. If I were to trash absolutely everything about SC then I shouldn’t post, IMP. The same is true for those who simply dismiss the first vowel that comes out of DS’s mouth. In short, if you are truly open to opinions then have at it, but if you are simply pushing an agenda, well - piss off.

Zen, I’m an ex-moderator of this forum and I’d like to give you some advice.

You’re getting a bit too emotionally involved in this topic and it’s not being very helpful to yourself or this discussion. Can I suggest that when you read a post here that you disagree with, don’t respond straight away. Give yourself at least an hour before you reply. This is the rule I use for myself when engaging in conversations that I find irritating. The post you’re responding to isn’t going to go anywhere in that hour and it will allow you time to gather your thoughts and make a better, more effective response.

6 Likes

Here is my advise. You need to stop analyzing, dissecting and critiquing and show some heart. You aren’t emotional enough which explains why Inovae nearly failed its funding goal altogether. If all you want to see in forums are never ending discussions about SC then have at it.

2 Likes

There is little need to attack Crayfish for offering you some friendly advice on toning down the emotion and sticking to logical statements. Continuing to pursue nothing but an emotional series of responses will ultimately end in nobody having any respect for your opinions, and (aside from being blocked by the forum users) is extremely likely to result in a ban, as emotional posts tend to get personal quickly.

I disagree with the CIG/RSI supporters here, but I do what I can to not attack them personally. Stick to logical statements, address valid points with information, and if someone is running a Gish Gallop on you, or just not offering anything resembling an attempt at a logical debate, stop responding to them.

3 Likes

Temporarily locking the topic down until everybody cools off.

Edit: topic re-opened, please stay calm and civil even when you disagree with each other, thanks. Next time it happens this topic will get locked much longer.

14 Likes

CIG responded to the lawsuit and included the full GLA. Copyright lawyer analysis of the response:

Most of crytek’s claims are really quite dead in the water with this response, the original GLA specifically mentions ā€œand the game squadron 42ā€, so what i considered one of the most interesting/room for interpretation parts of the original claims is completely shut down.

I think my original prediction that crytek was using the suit to try to generate bad press in hope for a fast settlement and quick cash is more probable with this information, but we’ll still need to see how this plays out.

I could be wrong, and I didn’t watch the entire video because it’s quite long, but this attorney seems to be failing to consider whether or not the court would actually consider LumberYard, which is just a fork of CryEngine, to be a ā€œseparateā€ engine. Whether or not LumberYard is ā€œseparateā€ likely depends on the licensing agreement Crytek has with Amazon which is only known by Crytek and Amazon. Regardless it’ll be interesting to see the outcome of this - it has the potential to be the highest profile game industry lawsuit since Silicon Knights vs Epic Games which was over a decade ago.

Later in the video he points out that Crytek is alleging in their original claim that Lumberyard is a different engine which CIG switched to(part of the allegation is that CIG violated the agreement by NOT using cryengine for star citizen, which according to this attorney’s interpretation of the exclusivity clause also probably favors CIG), so if crytek themselves are calling it a different engine i think we can consider that settled. This is consistent with how amazon has been re-licensing lumberyard, everything we know about that agreement points to it being an unlimited license with ā€œdifferent engineā€ status.