Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

I’m confusing myself answering to the four of you. My fault^^

That was exactly what I was trying to say on the last posts (about terminology).

They have moral obligations, not legal obligations. But I disagree on the way you see these moral obligations. To me, they have a moral obligation to respect the global idea of the project. But not more.

These platforms are the first-fruits of the internet revolution impacting economical interactions. They are not going to stop. In fact they are going to be more democratized years after years. They promise to campaigners this freedom they don’t have with investors. It’s going to replace (in a lot of cases, not only for games) classical steps of economical creation. like Uber with Taxis (and cars with plows before, and plows with horses before), etc…

No one is arguing that that developers have to be 100% on track and schedule - that is an impossibility. But supporters have the right to say whether they are happy or unhappy with the quality of the product and delivery date. You really don’t get that. Instead of accepting opinions as they are you keep trying to convince people they are wrong, even those who have supported SC through the years and have first hand experience.

What’s more, and I can only speak for myself, I don’t think all developers should be painted with the same expectation brush. As I mentioned, Cloud Imperium has over 170 employees, 4 offices and well over $100 million so my expectations are, well, high given their income and vast network of employees, especially for something that isn’t that innovative. Here however there are 3 paid employees, 2 unpaid (correct me if I’m wrong) operating under $500 thousand for the next gen Engine! So my expectations are not all that demanding for Battlescape. It’s kind of like asking someone to build a mole hill with 170 employees and the Giza Pyramid with 5 employees.

Anyway, not all games are going to have the same goals and expectations are relative, in my opinion. And from what I have experienced and what I have seen and based on what is projected concerning Star Citizen, they are failing on too many fronts for a company that has 170 employees and over $100 million.

1 Like

You argued like derek smart. You’re not just saying you are unhappy. You come on every news to say why it is fake and you are so excited to be there when the project will fail (when the bubble will burst as you said). What’s the goal ?

I largely prefer to discuss with the three other members that disagree with me because I respect their behaviour. With you, I have to work hard to not fall with you in total bullshit.

You can be unhappy with how it turned, but try to keep honest on your args. When you say that SC is not innovative, you become stupid to my eyes. The businees model, the lore, the comm, the tech everything is innovative on SC

1 Like

There is no need for profanity here. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Actually everything in Horizons was on that roadmap, and where did I say I wanted a refund?
Get your facts straight before telling me I piss you off, or you’ll piss me off.

I’m not just a consumer of the game, I’m a backer of it.
I, and every other backer made it happen.
Without us backers there would be no Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen at all.

1 Like

If you think supporter’s opinions matter then you dont have reason to post as you do; 89% voted to expand the scale of SC with increased funding instead of rushing for the original release date. Which is exactly what they are currently doing, and continue to pump out both playable updates and work in progress reports and demos as they just have in citcon. I noticed earlier you have by far the most posts in this thread of anyone else and all you do in them is say star citizen is a scam and a fraud and blah blah (and occasionally demand everyone stop talking about star citizen), at this point i suggest either drastically upping your post quality or taking a break.

2 Likes

Oh stop it. Every time an SC fan gets discombobulated and frustrated they mention ‘Derek Smart’; well guess what, Derek Smart is wrong on some issues but he is right on others. Sad that you have to resort to such Fanboy tactics - was hoping you were beyond that but guess not. As for me posting ‘every news to say why it is fake…’ that is clearly false. JonnyRedHed posts tons of promotional Star Citizen videos and I rarely make a comment; that’s because JohhyRedHed doesn’t have an aneurysm anytime someone criticizes SC or CR; he has even posted videos opinions that don’t exactly complement SC. That is called objectivity and he has my respect. As for being ‘excited’ about SC failing, that is exaggerated…amused most definitely because there is a sub-culture of rabid fanboys who deserve exactly what they get, and I think you know the kind. :wink: The rest unfortunately I feel sorry for because they got hoodwinked.

@kamui
How much did you spend to back Star Citizen?
I backed it with 110 euros which is about twice what an already developed game goes for here.

EDIT/ Just curious since you seem to defend it so feverishly one might think you sank your life’s savings into it…

I see, when a DEV included stretch goals it’s supporters fault. At some point a Dev has to say, being the professional in the room, that enough is enough and get on with making the game. Clearly the Devs got greedy and over expanded. But if you want to keep blaming supporters for something Devs included, be my guest.

Yes, and you and Kamui constantly extol the virtues of Star Citizen and that’s alright. But don’t expect others to do the same. If you are going to criticize others for criticizing than perhaps you need to remain on SC forums where they encourage that kind of behavior.

1 Like

This RtV is a good one with all of the senior devs.

It gives a lot more context to the recent demo.

Edit: and AtV too

I cant help but wonder how much of the pledgers money they put into these PR stunts instead of actual development of the game.

That’s what the subscription money goes into. Pledge money goes to development.

Yeah, I have no problem with people posting raving reviews and positive comments but they should not have a problem with opinions to the contrary. What’s more, it’s not appreciated when people are called ‘Derek Smart’ or told to basically get off forums because they disagree. This is a tactic obsessed fans use and it’s despicable. And then they try to make out like someone’s the bad guy because they don’t get their feel good, la-la land thread extolling the virtues of Star Citizen. What’s more I do not leave comments on every video as someone has claimed so the hyperbole certain posters are willing to engage in is pretty evident.

As for Elite, I know exactly what you mean. They really changed direction on that big time. It’s really sad when supporters are blamed for a sudden change of direction or criticized for expecting what was advertised but what can you do…this seems to be the mo for all Kickstarters now: obsessed intolerant fans who bust a gasket because someone posts as many comments against as those for - on outside forums no less. But I say keep posting positive glowing reviews and comments - but don’t expect complacency either - there is already enough of that going around.

2 Likes

Yeah if I could I would sold my wife to promote Star Citizen. I contracted a credit to help my guru xD

Oh my god it becomes ridiculous…

@Zen for the billion time, I am ok with the fact you don’t like the game, etc. But it is not a tactics or anything, you literraly argued like Derek Smart. I said this because I am currently reading the post of JonnyRedHed about Derek Smart blogspot. And if I say that, it is to say that I don’t like your intention. Ok you don’t like it. So leave us be stupidly riped off by CR and enjoy this project. What is wrong with you ? You want to me to accept your pov but you’re the first here to spend your time trying to convince everybody that it is a scam. We got it. Are you indefinitely going to repeat it on each news ? Just stop it, we got it now.

Edit : you are the guy that speaks during a movie at the cinema. Let the others enjoy the movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow I like tthis comparison :smile:

@selbie thx for positing. The RtV was interesting. Although very long, it gives a good insight on their vision.
Although there is much theory in what they mention, still a long way to go. But nonetheless interesting.

2 Likes

Endlessly arguing over SC will get you nowhere, at some point you have to agree to disagree otherwise it just becomes a flamefest.
SC did a lot of things wrong, starting with picking an engine that doesn’t fit its purpose at all. Delays over delays. Encouraging fanboyism at levels over 9000. But they also made some really good progress. I guess when 2020 rolls around and the game is release at least half of us will feel vindicated. :smiley:

5 Likes

SC just won the adobe cutting-edge of the year for the starmap

Yes, I could just not post facts and leave you to promote Star Citizen, but people should know all the facts…like never ending delays, among other things. Unlike you I think people should have all the information before buying a product; this is why I post Wiki release dates so people reading the thread know what they are getting into. But for some strange reason this upsets you - big time and now you are engaging in a flaming war by saying I sound like Derek Smart and using profanity. I have taken great strides not to resort to such tactics and think you should dial it down. I understand you don’t want controversy, I understand you don’t want facts so people can make an informed decision and I get your abhorrence to criticism. But I don’t think glossing over facts is the way to go… let the people get the information and decide for yourself. And yes, people can get that information for themselves but they can also get a ton of promotional videos as well.

Oh, I wouldn’t talk at a movie because people already purchased their tickets. Sorry but your analogies are underwhelming, as are your comparisons. What’s more this is not SC forums so the ticket holders over there can do whatever they want, and of course lots of people stop by without buying a ticket, but what you are peddling is denial.

Thank you to be there. You are the shepherd of the stupid sheeps we are.

There are problems I did say it clearly (I think you’re at best unable to read correctly my posts, at least not honest). But the game will be released it is a fact. And when it will do, I want to see you here arguing why the game is not what we wanted. So excited I can’t wait.

You’ve just proven my point thank you. You are going to be voluntary off-topic on any news on this thread. A new video ! Zen -> this game is a scam. A new ship ! Zen -> this game is a scam… very useful

I am pretty sure that to be voluntary off-topic on a thread is a valid reason to ban you from the thread. I begin to understand why some threads could have been deleted on SC forums…

Edit : Unlike you, I think people is capable to make his own opinion without needing me

1 Like

Wow, you say I sound like Derek Smart and call me a shepherd of the stupid sheeps, not to mention the use of profanity - and you want me banned? And then you follow up with off-topic? Oh I get it, because you said ‘there are problems’ no one else can have an opinion, expand on it or provide factual information. Yes there are problems, of course there are…a lot of them. And some will gloss over them while others like Derek Smart take them to the extreme. What’s more, they may very well finish the game but adding ships to shore up their revenue does give pause. And to be honest they may not able able to finish the game or it might not be as good a game as people think…there are so many intangibles, especially given their history of delays (delays, is that still on topic - I know sheep are). At any rate, please post more videos - I may weigh in, I may not. Nothing personal…just people should get all the facts - not only slick marketing promotional videos. Let them decide for themselves on the information provided.