Personal Projects Thread

That looks so adorable.

1 Like

Sounds like an awesome project.

I’m eventually going to get either an '87 or '91 model civic hatchback (hopefully si) as a project car myself. Now those, especially the '87s, are hard to find, like less than 10 in the US, but I actually found a '91 parked behind a mechanic’s garage next to the road I drive past virtually every day. One day…

Last night (finished at midnight) I just got around to fixing the firing issue… I had to remap 8-9 pins on the engine harness that were going to the wrong places and run 4 wires in from the ECM into the engine harness as well. My friend and I took it for a test drive and laid some rubber right after it was done.

Now all that needs to be done is…
Fix the tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge, bend the frame around so its straight so the radiator can be mounted, reprogram the keys so my set of keys and keyless entry will work, fix the passenger window. I guess assemble the rest of the interior, replace the radio with something more awesome/mordern… maybe replace the speakers

Done? Nope… At some point in the future I want to drop a 5.4 liter engine in it, possibly with trick-flow heads with a good set of cams and valve springs and make all the power without a supercharger… estimated at 350hp to 450hp, depending on if I actually get the trick-flow heads or not.

Anyway, time to go to work, Cheers

3 Likes

So, my DF renderer is coming nicely along. Got a vid of adventure mode with it.

7 Likes

Awesome to see all the things people are up to! First time I’ve given this thread any attention :stuck_out_tongue:

I am planning on branching out from teaching into the world of driving instructors, and from there hopefully becoming self-employed and building a small business out of it. I guess that’s quite a large project! But a few years off yet :smile:

2 Likes

http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0156.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0157.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0158.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0159.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0160.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0161.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0162.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0163.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0164.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0165.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0166.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0167.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0168.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0169.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0170.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0171.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0172.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0173.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0174.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0175.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0176.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0177.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0178.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0181.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0182.JPG
http://tiwake.com/car%20project/DSCN0184.JPG

Have some pictures from the conversion. The most recent thing that was done
was the rear brakes were replaced, did that yesterday and don’t have any
pictures. Got the passenger window fixed as you can sorta see in that
last picture it was being worked on. It turns out they use silicon to
glue the window in a channel thing in three places along the bottom. One
end came out and was hanging up and not letting it go down. Ground,
brushed, and cleaned out the old silicon, bent the channel back to what
it was supposed to be, and re-silicon’d it up.

edit
Sorry my internet is slow… I’m self-hosting and the internet company does not give me any better than 5megabits/sec upload, even if I upgrade to a business account.

6 Likes

And after that post the sound you hear is the scream of our bandwidth dying a thousand deaths.

8 Likes

see the edit I literally just made XD

Have you considered using literally any free image host?

Most of the free ones basically say in the EULA that the images/whatever uploaded are not mine anymore upon uploading. Screw that. I like my stuff being mine, that’s why I host stuff myself.

Patience. The pictures will come with time.

2 Likes

Yesterday opened up the engine and dropped a set of PI cams (that came from ford PI heads) in it. Changed the sound a fair bit, made it sound less gruff and kinda made it sound a little less fake. The throttle is also a fair bit more responsive too. Reading a book from a guy who did it, said it gets 15ish more horse power (though I cant really tell). Measured both types of cams before the PI ones went in, and the PI cams have 0.020" of more lift on the intake side, and 0.035" more lift on the exhaust. According to the book it has slightly less duration though.

Today I turned the front brake rotors to try to see if it fixed the little shutter issue when driving down the road. It did, so that means I need to replace the front two brake callipers and rotors.

4 Likes

today, i have completed scripting an ion cannon for my/a gaming server.

i used source engine, which is a game engine, and used sourcemod, which is a MOD for source engine that allows you to write scripts in a language called ā€œsourcepawnā€.

sourcepawn made me lose my mind shaking the computer to just do its thing because

angry programmer rant here

but i got it completed, and once enough people logged on, noticed something different. WELCOME TO YOUR SHINY NEW ION CANNON.

picture attached.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Please help me design my Case Con Paint Scheme:

So since December of 2015 I’ve been working on a ā€œPassive Phase Change Coolingā€ and ā€œPC Case Conā€

Both Project kind of are one … well I was working hard on it and didn’t really took the time to keep a work-log …

Anyway today I applied to DCMM, the german case modding chapionship. Here are some pictures of how the case looks:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

http://imgur.com/a/N6s1Y

I’m leaving for vacation tomorrow and plan to finalize everything when I get back in two weeks.

12 Likes

Looking Awesome @Lomsor! :heart_eyes:

So huge but i love your project becouse handjob

2 Likes

Wonderful work @lomsor.

1 Like

I’m really liking the case!

Those stripes in front though, they seem disjointed IMO, when considering the whole. Otherwise, really classy. :smiley:

1 Like

I think I’ll rearange the front plates. They are interchangeable.

Thanks everyone. :heart:

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I started this project, but finally Space Duty is done and is now on Steam Greenlight, would really appreciate the vote if you guys have the time. It’s a sci-fi story rpg, been my main indie project for about two years, you can check the weekly development updates on IndieDB that’s linked below.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778498475

12 Likes

Can I be a critic? :wink:

6 Likes